Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe – Delicious, juicy, and tasty chicken meatball recipe that’s served over an easy to make Tomato Sauce. This whole recipe will be ready on your dinner table in just about 30 minutes.
Easy and Healthy Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
I could go on for days about these Chicken Meatballs. To make it short they are simply delicious. If I were to go ahead and brag a bit more, these meatballs are not only healthy, they are crispy, juicy, and so flavorful. Easy to make and ready in about 35 minutes tops. Serve over some whole wheat pasta or some zucchini noodles to keep it more on the low carb option. Try this chicken meatball recipe for dinner some time. I bet your whole family will love this meal.
Baked Chicken Meatballs
If you prefer to bake these chicken meatballs rather than pan sear them, you can definitely do so. Skip the part to recoat the meatball after you roll into a ball. Place on a pan lined with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until they are browned.
Why are my meatballs tough?
Meat typically shrinks when they are cooked. For meatballs, it is important to add binders like eggs and breadcrumbs to keep the meatballs tender and juicy. Try not to skip on these two ingredients otherwise, you will end up with tough meatballs. My chicken meatball recipe does call for breadcrumbs and eggs so add them in!
What should I eat with meatballs
Meatballs are quite versatile whether you make them with chicken or not. If they are made with a tomato sauce base, it would taste great with some whole grain spaghetti or some zucchini noodles, also referred to as zoodles. You can also serve them over spaghetti squash. They will also taste great with a bunch of grilled veggies or on bread sliders.
Why do my meatballs fall apart
If your meatballs are falling apart then they most likely added too many breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs and eggs are binders used to keep the meatballs soft and juicy. It is recommended to add about half a cup of breadcrumbs for every pound of meat. As for the eggs, for every one pound of meat, you can either add one large egg or 2 medium to small eggs.
Making this Chicken Meatball Recipe?
Your feedback is very important to me and they usually make my day. If you try this chicken meatball recipe and you like it please take a minute to come back, rate it, and leave me a comment below.
I have a few other meatball recipes for you to try out:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Chicken Meatball Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs + 2 Tbsp more to coat
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Medium Eggs
- ½ Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Basil
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, parmesan, eggs, seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Scoop about 1 Tbsp of mixture and roll it between your palms to form a meatball. Repeat with the remaining mixture, then dredge each meatball into breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and sauté for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until browned but not cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet add garlic and cook until fragrant, for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, then return the meatballs into the skillet nestling them into the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Season with fresh basil and ground pepper and enjoy!