Homemade Greek seasoning is made in four minutes with nine pantry staple herbs and spices! Use for veggies, potatoes, meats, poultry, sauces, soups, grains, and salads. You will love learning how to make this Greek spice blend!
Greek seasoning is a staple in our household because it’s easy to make, full of aromatic flavors, and tasty on different types of proteins and ingredients. Learning how to make homemade seasoning is simple to do and great for whenever you’re wanting to ditch the pre-packaged stuff.
What Is Greek Seasoning Made of?
Here are all of the tasty herbs and spices you will find in this Greek spice blend.
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
How To Use Greek Seasoning Seasoning
You can use Greek spices and herbs for a variety of delicious dishes and recipes. Here are some of our favorite ways to use it:
- Greek Quinoa Salad Bowl
- Sprinkled over baked potato wedges
- Served over chicken kabobs
- Sprinkled atop Greek chicken bake
- Chicken, fish, beef, lamb, or veggies
- Served with a chickpea salad
- With a Greek chicken bowl
How To Make This Greek Spice Blend
First, measure all of the ingredients and set them next to your workstation.
Next, add all of the herbs and spices to a shallow bowl or plate. Mix everything together with a spoon or whisk until combined.
Transfer the seasoning to a closed jar or container and store it away from direct sunlight.
Be sure to store the seasoning in an airtight jar or container away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Use the homemade seasoning within three months for the best fresh flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Oregano, parsley, thyme, sage, etc. Greek cuisine usually contains a variety of fresh herbs!
If you find yourself without Greek seasoning and don’t have the ingredients to make your own, you can enjoy Mediterranean seasoning in its place. The two are similar, but Mediterranean seasoning doesn’t contain marjoram as Greek seasoning does.
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- How To Make Breadcrumbs
- Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- How to make Mexican Seasoning
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Homemade Apple Sauce
- How To Make Croutons
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, don’t forget to use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
How To Make Greek Seasoning
- measuring spoons
- 1 shallow bowl or plate
- 3 Tablespoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 1 Tablespoon dill
- ½ Tablespoon onion powder
- ½ Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a shallow bowl or a plate.
- Mix to combine.
- Transfer to a closed jar or container and store away from direct sunlight.
- Oregano – is one of the most important ingredients in this mix so don’t omit it for the best flavor
- Basil – is one of the most important ingredients in this mix so don’t omit it for the best flavor
- Dill – is one of the most important ingredients in this mix so don’t omit it for the best flavor
- Onion powder – it adds much flavor, don’t omit it if possible
- Garlic powder – it adds much flavor, don’t omit it if possible
- Marjoram – can be omitted if you don’t like it or don’t have it on hand, but used for the best flavor
- Parsley – can be omitted if you don’t like it or don’t have it on hand, but use it for the best flavor
- Salt – add more, less, or not at all
- Pepper – add more, less, or not at all