This Italian Chicken Veggie Soup is easy to make, hearty and full of nourishing veggies and chicken. They are great for a quick and simple meal for busy days and can be enjoyed all year long. So healthy and full of flavor, this chicken soup recipe is so filling and comforting.
What do you do with leftover chicken? Does your fridge have some veggies you aren’t sure what to do with? We have the perfect recipe for you! Make this easy chicken soup recipe that’s filled with chunks of shredded chicken and hearty vegetables. This homemade chicken veggie soup is so easy, quick, and comforting. They are healthy, full of flavor, and perfect for busy weeknights
How to make chicken veggie soup
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning and sauté until softens, about 8-10 minutes.
Stir in cooked chicken, tomato sauce, chicken broth, corn, and green beans. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy while hot!
Use any leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or cook your own chicken breast with some water, salt, black pepper, and herbs. Remove the cooked chicken and shred.
What vegetables do you put in a chicken soup
There are no right veggies for chicken veggie soup. Use any vegetable you like or whatever you have handy. The most commonly used veggies for a homemade chicken vegetable soup are peas, carrots, green beans, celery, potatoes, peppers, and mushrooms. Just to name a few.
Can you freeze chicken soup
Chicken veggie soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Place in an airtight container and place in the freezer until ready to eat again. Remove it the night before and place it in the fridge to thaw and then place it in a saucepan and heat over the stovetop. You may also place in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave.
How long does chicken soup last in the fridge
Properly stored chicken veggie soup can last for 3-4 days in the fridge. Make sure it is placed in an airtight container.
How to boil chicken for soup
- Clean chicken breasts
- Place in a pan of water
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs like whole cloves and cinnamon.
- Allow it to boil for 15-20 minutes
- Turn off heat, remove chicken from water, let it cool and then shred.
- You can save the chicken broth and use it in the soup!
We love the fact that this loaded chicken veggie soup is keto-friendly. If you make this easy chicken soup recipe please leave us some feedback in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to rate it and share with your friends and family.
Here are some other easy soup recipes to check out:
- Crockpot Lentil and Mushroom Soup
- Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Soup
- Vegetable Beef Stew
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Chicken Veggie Soup Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Italian Chicken Veggie Soup
- 1½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Onion finely diced
- 2 Stalks Celery sliced
- 2 Medium Carrots sliced
- 2 Cups Button Mushrooms quartered
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves pressed/minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 15 oz Italian Tomato-Basil Sauce 1 can
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Beans fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning and sauté until softens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken, tomato sauce, chicken broth, corn, and green beans. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
- Enjoy while hot!
Cheryl K says
Wonderful soup. Not too much spice, light with tomato. I even toss in cooked turkey meat at the end. Veggie or not. Keeper recipe.
Thanks for the feedback
The soup was very good I add some celery. Everyone enjoyed
You are the best. Thank you
Camille Finan says
This was absolutely delicious! My husband stated that this was restaurant worthy. I am making it again today but with chicken thighs on the bone verse breast for more depth.
jiya joshi says
Today I have got to see a post that is very beautiful, such a post is very rarely seen, only a person with a beautiful idea can write such a beautiful post, it is not possible for every person to write such a post.