This Creamy Italian Chicken recipe is an easy chicken dinner recipe that’s quick to make, creamy rich, full of flavor and delicious. Perfect weeknight recipe the entire family will enjoy.
Looking for a creamy chicken recipe that’s keto-friendly? This easy Keto Creamy Italian chicken is right up your alley. They are made with chicken thighs with the skin left on for added fat for those who need high-fat meals. You may either leave the skin out or use boneless and skinless chicken breasts instead. Made in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce with baby spinach and cherry tomatoes.
How to make Creamy Italian Chicken
- Prep chicken: Prep chicken. Remove skin if you prefer during this step. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear Chicken: Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Sear chicken until nicely browned
on both sides, but not completely cooked.
- Cook: Add garlic, basil, and heavy cream and continue to cook, on low heat, until chicken is
cooked through about 10 minutes. Stir in the cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and spinach and cook for additional 2-3 minutes, until spinach is wilted and everything is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish and serve: Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and salt.
Is Chicken ok on keto
Keto diets require a high fat and protein diet. Chicken is low in carbs and is a great option to include in your diet if you are on keto. So yes. It is perfectly ok to have chicken while on the keto diet.
Are chicken thighs good for you
We love the rule: everything in moderation. They are neither good nor bad for you depending on your dietary restriction. If you are on a high fat and protein diet, then chicken thighs are perfect for you. Even with the skin on. But, for those counting calories and looking for a low-fat meal, then it is best to go for the chicken breast which is a much healthier alternative.
How to store this creamy Italian chicken
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container and place in the fridge for 3-5 days. to reheat, either use the microwave or add it in a skillet with a splash of water, milk or broth and allow it to reheat over medium heat.
Are chicken thighs dark meat
Yes. Chicken thighs or legs are usually what is referred to as dark meat. Among other parts of the chicken. The leanest part of the chicken is the chicken breast which is referred to as white meat. Also, most of the fat in chicken is found on the skin. Once the skin is removed, both chicken breast and chicken thighs become lean cut with breasts being leaner.
Making this keto chicken thigh recipe? We would love to get some feedback in the comments below. Let us know if you decided to use thighs or breasts and if you made any changes to the recipe. Have a delicious recipe to share with us? Feel free to share it with us. Also, don’t forget to share this creamy chicken recipe with friends and family on social if you loved it.
Want more easy chicken recipes? Check these out:
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Grilled Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet With Asparagus
- Mediterranean Chicken
- Easy Chicken Fajita Bowl
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like creamy Italian Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Creamy Italian Chicken Skillet
- 1.5 lbs Chicken thighs, skin on or skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ⅓ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Sear chicken until nicely browned on both sides, but not completely cooked.
- Add garlic, basil, and heavy cream and continue to cook, on low heat, until chicken is cooked through about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and spinach and cook for additional 2-3 minutes, until spinach is wilted and everything is hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and salt.
- Using boneless and skinless chicken breasts will bring the calories down to 480 per serving
- Each Serving is 2 thighs
- This easily makes 5 servings. Nutrition facts are based on 4 servings.