Barbecue Chicken has such a nice sound to it! This Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe is made with grilled chicken flavored with barbecue sauce, some vegetables, served with zesty lime quinoa.
Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
There is nothing scary about quinoa, other than trying to pronounce it. Say, “KEEN-WAH.” Now that you know how to pronounce it, let’s talk about why this recipe needs to be on your weekly meal planning calendar.
I love the flavor of this grilled barbecue chicken and having it with Quinoa provides many essential vitamins and minerals, that helps keep you feeling fuller, and with swimsuit season right around the corner, I think we can leave it at that.
Is Quinoa Better for you than rice?
One cup of quinoa has about 40 fewer calories than rice. Rice is made of refined starch and has a higher glycemic index compared to quinoa which makes quinoa a much better alternative than rice. Furthermore, rice is much higher in carbohydrates than quinoa. Quinoa is a great high-protein and high-fiber alternative which makes is a great substitute for carbs in many meals. Make this Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe and enjoy all the great benefits and taste!
What can you add to Quinoa to make it taste better?
There’s just so much you can add to your quinoa to make it taste better. Try cooking it with vegetable or chicken broth. You can add herbs to your quinoa while cooking it like thyme and oregano or any other flavors you prefer. For this Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe, I simply added some lime to it with some salt and pepper. Adding some fresh cilantro would have been great as well! You can play around with the flavor of your quinoa until you find the right flavor for you!
If you made this Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts. Also, try out this MEXICAN CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
A few other Recipes for you to try:
- Easy Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
Tag me on Instagram if you make this Barbecue Chicken Recipe. I would love to see your remake.
This Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe below:
Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Grilled chicken and vegetables served with zesty lime quinoa.
- 4 Thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons Barbecue sauce look for a low sugar variety
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Ears of corn
- 2 Large zucchini cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 and 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 cups Cooked quinoa
- Optional: cilantro leaves and lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the chicken breasts and season them to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until done. Brush 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce over each chicken breast and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Slice the chicken and cover with foil.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the zucchini and corn cobs. Place the vegetables on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until done.
- Stir the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the lime juice into the quinoa and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the quinoa between 4 bowls and arrange the chicken and zucchini slices on top. Slice the corn off the cobs and add to the bowls, along with the cherry tomatoes. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges if desired and serve.