Make sushi night a fun night with this Easy Sushi Bowl recipe that’s very simple to put together! A deconstructed sushi bowl made with brown rice and topped with all sorts of goodies. No need to roll up anything and best of all no mess!
Easy Sushi Bowl Recipe
It’s always fun and easy to make these sushi bowls. My kids love sushi and depending on where we get them from the seaweed tends to be a bit chewy. And we all know getting the soy wrap version doesn’t taste the same at all. Takes out the unique flavor or what sushi should taste like and this is why these easy sushi bowls come in handy. The kids can totally skip out on the seaweed.
Next time you feel like having sushi or you have some friends over and you aren’t sure what to make try making this easy sushi bowl recipe and wow them with your handy cooking skills. It will definitely satisfy all your sushi cravings.
What do you call a Sushi Bowl?
Sushi bowls are all the buzz on social media. Often times, sushi bowls are also known as Poke bowls. Furthermore, You should have heard of Poke Bowls by now if you are ever on Instagram or noticed them on menus in Asian restaurants. The word Poke means “to slice or cut”. It is a Hawaiian word that refers to chunks of cut marinated fish, tossed over rice and topped with sauce.
Do you Serve Sushi Cold or Warm?
Most common sushi rolls are served cold or at room temperature. Sushi rice shouldn’t be hot nor too cold. Even more, warm rice doesn’t taste right and too cold rice will be too chewy.
If you make this Easy Sushi Bowl leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Also, use my hashtag on Instagram so I can see it. I would love to see all your remakes.
Love Asian recipes? Try out my Spicy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe! So delicious!
My favorite meal of the day is actually lunch! What about you? Share some of your all-time favorite lunches with me! Also, here are some other delicious lunch ideas for you to try soon:
Easy Sushi Bowl
A deconstructed version of sushi that's easy to make.
- 2 cups of cooked short grain or sushi brown rice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar divided use
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or low-calorie sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 8 ounces of seafood such as tuna or salmon sashimi crab meat, cooked shrimp or smoked salmon
- 1 cup of peeled diced cucumber
- 1/2 of an avocado thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Optional: wasabi paste soy sauce and/or pickled ginger
- Place the rice in a bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir until thoroughly combined. Divide the rice between two bowls.
- In a small bowl place the cucumber along with the sesame oil, sesame seeds and 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar. Toss to coat the cucumbers. Add salt to taste.
- Spoon the cucumbers onto the rice. Arrange the fish and avocado on top of the rice. Sprinkle with green onions and nori strips.
- Serve immediately, with wasabi, soy sauce and/or ginger if desired.
Finally, I would love it if you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! This way you can tag me on your remakes so I can see them and for a chance to get a feature.