Make sushi night a fun night with this Easy Sushi Bowl that’s very simple to put together! No need to roll up anything and best of all no mess!
Easy Sushi Bowl
It’s always fun and easy to make these sushi bowls. My kids love sushi and depending on where we get them from the seaweed tends to be a bit chewy. And we all know getting the soy wrap version doesn’t taste the same at all. Takes out the unique flavor or what sushi should taste like and this is why these easy sushi bowls come in handy. The kids can totally skip out on the seaweed.
Next time you feel like having sushi or you have some friends over and you aren’t sure what to make try making this easy sushi bowl recipe and wow them with your handy cooking skills.
Many of you can’t even look at raw fish I know! I used to be the same way. I used to think that no way will I ever eat raw fish. But if you actually get a good sushi grade tuna or salmon it’s not bad at all. The last thing you want to have is a fishy fish Trust me!
If you make this Easy Sushi Bowl leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Also, hashtag me on Instagram so I can see it. I would love to see all your remakes.
Love Asian recipes? Try out my Spicy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe! So delicious!
My favorite meal of the day is actually lunch! What about you? Share some of your all-time favorite lunches with me! Some other delicious lunch ideas for you to try soon:
How to make this Easy Sushi Bowl:
Easy Sushi Bowl
A deconstructed version of sushi that's easy to make.
- 2 cups of cooked short grain or sushi brown rice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar divided use
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or low calorie sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 8 ounces of seafood such as tuna or salmon sashimi crab meat, cooked shrimp or smoked salmon
- 1 cup of peeled diced cucumber
- 1/2 of an avocado thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Optional: wasabi paste soy sauce and/or pickled ginger
- Place the rice in a bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir until thoroughly combined. Divide the rice between two bowls.
- In a small bowl place the cucumber along with the sesame oil, sesame seeds and 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar. Toss to coat the cucumbers. Add salt to taste.
- Spoon the cucumbers onto the rice. Arrange the fish and avocado on top of the rice. Sprinkle with green onions and nori strips.
- Serve immediately, with wasabi, soy sauce and/or ginger if desired.
I would love it if you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! This way you can tag me on your remakes so I can see them and for a chance to get a feature.