This Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal recipe is filling, easy to make, creamy, healthy, and great for the entire family! A perfect make-ahead healthy breakfast recipe that’s vegan-friendly and sweet. These overnight oats with chia seeds are a great way to jumpstart your morning with a well-balanced breakfast.
Overnight oats are a great way to make sure you treat yourself to a well-balanced and hearty breakfast with fruits. This blueberry overnight oatmeal recipe is so creamy, tasty, and the perfect healthy option for whenever you’re needing fresh ideas for the usual morning routine.
We love overnight oatmeal because they are creamy, hearty, nutritious, and a meal prep staple that has a pudding-like texture. The great thing about making overnight oats is how versatile it can be to customize it to accommodate different dietary needs whether you are vegan, have gluten allergies, or looking for a dairy-free breakfast option.
Blueberry Overnight oatmeal is made with superfoods and plant-based ingredients. This oatmeal recipe is not only tasty, but they are also nutritious and full of fiber too. Looking for something similar to this blueberry overnight oats but want to have a warm hearty breakfast? Then this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal will come in handy.
Why you should make This Overnight Oats Recipe
- Filling: Oats are a great source of fiber and protein. After you eat this blueberry overnight oatmeal, you will not be hungry for a while! A great way to get your morning started onthe right path.
- Satisfying: Sweet blueberries and hints of vanilla are balanced with tangy lemon to create a bundle of flavors that are mouthwatering, perfect, and the right amount of citrus.
- Great for Meal Prep: Overnight oatmeal can be made in bulk in advance. This makes them perfect for those who meal prep their meals ahead. Looking for a solution to those busy mornings? Prepare a batch of this overnight oatmeal and portion it over so you and the family can enjoy them all week long.
- Customizable: The best thing about making overnight oatmeal is how versatile they can be. You can customize your overnight oats with different fruits, milk, and nuts to allign with your diertay needs.
Ingredients Needed for Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal
This is just a list of ingredients you will need to make Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal. The full measurements are listed further down this post.
flax seeds, a great source of omega-3s
chia seeds, an excellent source of protein and energy
lemon, both the juice and zest
milk, almond, or coconut milk
How to Make Healthy Vegan Overnight Oats
- Combine ingrdients: In a bowl, combine the oats, chia and flax seeds, salt, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add sweetener: Next, add the milk, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Fold in blueberries: Gently, fold in the blueberries.
- Cover and chill: Cover and refrigerate the oats for at least two hours or overnight
- Divide: Divide the oatmeal among small jars and serve with fresh blueberries and extra syrup.
Recipe Notes, Tips, and substitions
- Vegan option: To keep this blueberry overnight oatmeal vegan, use your favorite kind of dairy-free milk such as oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, or soy milk, etc.
- Non-vegan version: If you aren’t looking for a vegan-friendly breakfast, use honey instead of maple syrup. Another sweetner you can use is agave.
- Fruits: Fresh or frozen blueberries will work. Don’t like blueberries? Use any other fruits you like.
- Customize it: You can add anything you like as toppings to this overnight oats. Some options are coconut flakes, almond butter, nuts, and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Sugar-free option: To make this blueberry overnight oatmeal sugar-free you can skip all the honey or maple syrup and just use one rip mashed bananas.
- Gluten-free option: For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free oats
- Oats: It is best to use rolled oats as oppoed to quick oats. Do not use steel cut oats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overnight oatmeal is a healthier alternative to a lot of other popular breakfast options. We like this recipe because it has extra fiber, protein, and nutrients from the superfoods. It is a perfectly healthy breakfast option. Be mindful of your ad-on which adds to the calories over the overall breakfast.
Sure! Everything in moderation is fine. There is nothing wrong with having a bowl of oats every morning especially when it is served with fruit. Oatmeal is a perfectly healthy ingredient that’s packed with fiber and protein.
Overnight oats are soaked in cold milk for a couple of hours overnight and become soft and flavorful after they have absorbed the milk and other ingredients. Oatmeal breakfast is when dried oats are cooked in boiling water or milk and simmered until thickened.
You can keep overnight oatmeal in the refrigerator for four to five days. They store really well and work great as a grab-and-go breakfast option.
This is going to be a personal preference. Most overnight oatmeal is served cold the next morning. It is what makes it feel like a pudding-like breakfast and can be eaten as is. If you prefer your oatmeal served warm, you can heat it up on your stovetop or microwave it for 60-90 seconds.
Yes. You can use either frozen or fresh blueberries to serve with this overnight oatmeal recipe. Feel free to use any other fruits you may like.
More healthy breakfast recipes
- Breakfast Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Egg and Veggie Breakfast
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Tropical Protein Smoothie
- How to Cut Kiwi
Other Oatmeal Recipes You Will Enjoy
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal (with Chia Seeds)
- 2 cups oats old-fashioned
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Kosher salt just a pinch
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- fresh blueberries
- lemon zest
- To a large bowl , add the oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, a pinch of salt, lemon zest and mix well.
- Next, add in the milk, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Stir well to combine, then fold in the blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours (or overnight if time allows).
- Once it's ready, divide the oatmeal among small jars and serve with fresh blueberries and extra maple syrup.
- Use your favorite kind of dairy-free milk such as oat, almond, coconut, cashew, soy, etc.
- For a non-vegan version, use honey instead of maple syrup.
- Instead of maple syrup, replace it with agave nectar.
- Fresh or frozen blueberries will work.
- Add coconut for extra flavor.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Best breakfast ever!
Agreed! Thanks for the feedback
These oats changed my life! I make them almost every morning for breakfast! Mmm!
Thank you so much.