Hasselback Butternut Squash Recipe– roasted to perfection with a honey butter garlic glaze then topped with chili flakes and fresh thyme.
Easy Hasselback Butternut Squash Recipe
Make this easy and scrumptious Hasselback Butternut Squash recipe and you are guaranteed that it will be a winner on your dinner table. I used honey for this recipe but you can also use Maple Syrup and maybe add some pecans!
So, if you like the idea of pecans feel free to add some crushed pecans about 10 minutes before they are completely cooked through. Then, add a little drizzle of maple syrup a few minutes before you remove from the oven.
This Hasselback Butternut Squash recipe makes about 4 decent servings and about 6 smaller portions. The nutrition fact is for 4 servings because you won’t be able to have a small portion! You can pair this with some roasted meat, ham, chicken or turkey over this holiday season.
What you will need to make this Hasselback Butternut Squash:
Garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Furthermore, if you want a vegan option of this Hasselback Butternut Squash recipe, you can swap the butter with avocado oil or coconut oil and the honey with maple syrup.
If you like this Hasselback Butternut Squash Recipe please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.
Hungry for more? Here are some really popular side dishes you can check out to add to your festive dinner table:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER! Receive all my new recipes like this Hasselback Butternut Squash recipe right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe that you like, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
The full recipe for the Hasselback Butternut Squash Below:
Hasselback Butternut Squash
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- 2 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 3-4 Sprigs Fresh thyme picked
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Start by cutting the butternut squash evenly in half on lengthwise. Scoop out the inside and discard.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin just until you see the bright orange flesh.
- Place the halves on a baking sheet, cut side down.
- In a small bowl whisk melted butter, with honey, garlic, chili, and thyme.
- Brush the squash with half of the garlic butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool until ready to handle.
- Place the squash halves to a cutting board and using a very sharp knife, slice it thinly, but not all the way through.
- Return the squash to the same baking sheet and brush with the remaining garlic butter mixture Return to the oven for and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes. or until golden brown on the tops and tender.