Fresh and juicy turkey burgers made with spinach and feta cheese taste phenomenal sandwiched between two fluffy buns. Made on the stovetop, this recipe for spinach and feta turkey burgers is quick and easy! Garnish with your favorite fixings such as cucumber, lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.
Turkey burgers with feta cheese are savory, tender, juicy, and simply delicious. Spinach is added to the mix and makes these turkey burgers not only extra moist but healthier, too.
Spinach and feta turkey burgers are made on the stovetop in under 30 minutes and will satisfy the entire family. With minimal ingredients, you will want to make these spinach feta burgers all the time!
Why This Recipe for Turkey Burgers With Feta Cheese is the Best
- Flavorful and bold: These turkey burgers with spinach and feta are made with simple ingredients but ultra flavorful and tasty. The feta cheese provides savory notes that are irresistible.
- Moist and juicy: The spinach in the turkey patties makes the burgers extra juicy and moist. These burgers are the opposite of dry.
- Easy and healthy: Just preheat a pan on the stovetop and cook your turkey burgers within minutes.
Ingredients you will need for this turkey burger
Ground turkey: Ground turkey creates tender juicy burgers that are way healthier than beef burgers.
Frozen spinach: Frozen spinach can be found in most grocery stores in the frozen veggie sections. The spinach gives the burgers extra moisture so they are not dry.
Feta cheese: Crumbled feta cheese provides tangy and cheesy flavors to the turkey burgers. Definitely a must!
Salt and pepper: Kosher sea salt and pepper provide plenty of seasoning to the burgers and help them not taste dull.
Garlic: One clove of minced garlic is used for extra flavor.
Egg: The egg is whisked and combined to create the turkey burger patties.
Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice makes the spinach feta burgers taste extra flavorful and bold. A secret ingredient.
Olive oil: Rich olive oil is used to coat the pan so the burgers do not stick.
For serving: Whole wheat buns, sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves, sliced cucumber, tzatziki sauce.
How to Make Turkey Burgers With Spinach and Feta
First, place the turkey, thawed spinach, feta cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, egg, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix well until combined, then shape into four even patties.
Next, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties to the pan, then cook for five to six minutes per side until cooked through.
Serve the burgers immediately atop a whole wheat bun garnished with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and tzatziki sauce.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Be sure to use oil in the pan to prevent the burgers from sticking.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Feel free to use different cheeses.
- If you prefer to use lean ground chicken instead of turkey, you can.
- Make sure the patties are cooked until done and no longer pink in the center.
- For a low-carb option, use lettuce as buns instead of the bread buns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just combine the turkey, spinach, feta cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, egg, and lemon juice in a bowl and shape into patties. Cook for five to six minutes per side until done!
We like to use feta cheese for our turkey burgers, but any kind of cheese will work such as swiss, cheddar, fontina, Havarti, etc.
The egg and spinach in this turkey burger recipe allow the patties to cook until they are juicy and not dry.
You can serve your favorite side dishes with this easy recipe such as fries, salads, roasted potatoes, veggies, etc.
What to Serve With Turkey Feta Burgers
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Garlic Red Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Italian Pasta Salad
More Healthy Recipes You Will Love
- No-Bake Protein Energy Bites
- Roasted Smoked Sweet Potatoes
- Spinach and Avocado Pasta Recipe
- Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Low Carb Turkey Burgers
- Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Burger
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean
- 5 ounces frozen spinach thawed and excess water removed
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For serving: whole wheat buns, sliced tomatoes, lettuce leaves, sliced cucumber, prepared tzatziki yogurt sauce
- Place the turkey, spinach, feta cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, egg and lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix until well combined and shape into 4 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately on white wheat buns topped with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and tzatziki sauce.
- you may use ground chicken in place of ground turkey
- use any bread of choice.
- spinach: use fresh or frozen spinach