This easy-to-make Southwest Chicken Wrap recipe will be your go-to chicken wrap for a while. It is so tasty, and filling, and can be prepared in just 30 minutes.
Wraps and sandwiches are great for on-the-go or for a quick lunch or light dinner option. Made with Grilled chicken breasts this easy southwest chicken wrap is healthy, filling, and packed with flavor. It is a wholesome complete meal with protein, fiber, veggies, and healthy carbs. With only 30 minutes you will have a delicious healthy chicken wrap that will keep you full and satisfied.
Why you will love this chicken wrap recipe
- Healthy: With a handful of simple pantry staple ingredients, this chicken wrap is a light and healthy option that is packed with protein and fiber.
- Perfect for on-the-go: These wraps are perfect for on-the-go. Whether you are making them for lunch for the kids or for yourself to take them to work!
- Filling and tasty: These wraps will keep you satisfied and full. They are so tasty you would want to eat more than one.
Ingredients you will need
- Grilled chicken breast: grill the chicken breasts with your favorite seasonings. If you want to follow a specific recipe for grilled chicken check out this Honey Chipotle grilled chicken breast recipe or this Grilled lemon garlic chicken breast.
- Whole wheat tortillas: use whole wheat or any low-carb tortilla
- Romaine lettuce leaves, as needed: or you may use another green leafy veggie like spinach
- Black beans drained and rinsed: works best for this recipe
- Corn drained well: we used canned corn. You may boil fresh corn, or use frozen. If you use frozen corn, thaw and drain well first.
- Pico de gallo: make your own or get store-bought
- Shredded cheese: white or yellow cheddar, or any shredded cheese. There are light and fat-free options.
- Mayonnaise: use lite/low-fat or swap with a low-calorie dressing like ranch or a southwest dressing.
How to make this easy chicken wrap recipe Southwest-style
Cut the grilled chicken into strips and start assembling your wraps.
Lay a tortilla on a clean chopping board. Add one or two lettuce leaves, 2 tbsp black beans, 1 tbsp corn, 2 tbsp pico de gallo, and top with some chicken.
Drizzle with a spoonful of mayonnaise and sprinkle with shredded cheddar
.Roll it up, neat and tight, then repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Just before serving, cut the tortillas in half and enjoy!
frequently asked questions
You can get as creative as you like when making a wrap and it all comes down to your personal preference and what you are in the mood for. Add in protein like grilled chicken or turkey along with some veggies and a dressing. Or you may keep it vegetarian and add things like falafel, hummus, beans, and other veggies. The options are endless but the rule of thumb, add some source of protein, veggies, and cheese or dressing.
Let’s talk about what is going into the wrap, to begin with. If you stuff your wrap with lean protein and some veggies, then yes they are healthy and a good option for weight loss. If you add ingredients that are high in calories, then No, your chicken wrap will not be a good option for weight loss.
Chicken wraps are best paired with chips, baked fries or potato wedges, salads like quinoa salads or coleslaw, veggies like sauteed green beans or Brussel sprouts, pasta salads, corn on the cob, or chips and guacamole.
More wraps and sandwich recipes
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Grilled Chicken Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Keto Chicken Fajita Wrap
- Cucumber Sandwich
- Avocado Egg salad Sandwich
Other recipes you may like
- Easy Cajun Baked Salmon
- Baked Feta Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Cheese Dip
- Spicy Salmon Maki Bowl
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Herbed Potato Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Southwest Chicken Wrap
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- Romaine lettuce leaves as needed
- 15 oz black beans one can, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz corn one can, drained well
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese lite or fat free
- 1/3 cup lite mayonnaise lite
- Cut the grilled chicken into strips and start assembling your wraps.
- Lay a tortilla on a clean chopping board. Add one or two lettuce leaves, 2 tbsp black beans, 1 tbsp corn, 2 tbsp pico de gallo, and top with some chicken.
- Drizzle with a spoonful of mayonnaise and sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
- Roll it up, neat and tight, then repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Just before serving, cut the tortillas in half and enjoy!
- use lite mayo or miracle whip. You may use Greek yogurt in place of mayo
- use low carb or whole wheat tortilla wraps
- use canned corn, or boil your own fresh corn
- Use shredded cheese of your choice, there are fat-free versions
- In place of mayo or yogurt, you can use southwest low calories dressing