Easy to make Greek Chicken Recipe made in one pan and baked to perfection. Loaded with greek flavors, filling, and so delicious. Perfect for a weeknight dinner that everyone will enjoy.
Wanting to fancy up your weeknight chicken dinner? This Greek chicken is the perfect recipe to try out. It is made with fresh cherry tomatoes, peppers, onions, lemons, sweet potatoes, and some fresh herbs. Then topped with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and more fresh herbs if needed. A complete easy dinner or lunch recipe that takes cooking chicken into a whole other level.
How to make Greek Chicken Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large baking sheet add the chicken, potatoes, peppers, red onions, lemon wedges, garlic, and tomatoes.
Sprinkle with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Gently toss until well coated. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Remove from the oven and stir in crumbled feta cheese and olives. Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy it!
What to Serve with Greek Chicken
Many sides go so well with this greek chicken bake recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Try some couscous, quinoa, or barley
- Cauliflower Mash
- More veggies like Brussel Sprouts or mushrooms
- Whole roasted cauliflower
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Some Pasta or Zoodles for a healthier option
How to store
You may store your leftover greek chicken recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. It is best enjoyed cold the next day. If you plan on saving some for the next day, don’t add the feta cheese until after you reheat in the microwave.
Chicken – Thighs with skin were used in this recipe. Which explains the high calories per serving. A leaner and healthier option would be using skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
Potatoes – You may use either sweet potatoes or regular potatoes of choice.
Cheese – Feta cheese tastes best for greek style chicken recipe and we highly recommend use feta. But you may sub with other crumbly cheese like ricotta, halloumi, queso fresco, or goat cheese
We want to hear from you! Please leave us some feedback when you try any of our recipes. If you made this Greek chicken bake recipe and love it, rate it and leave us a comment below. Also, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family on social media.
Check out these other easy chicken recipes:
- Easy Chicken Fajita Bowl
- One Pan Cranberry Roasted Chicken Skillet
- Easy Harvest Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Italian Chicken Veggie Soup
- Easy Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Greek Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Greek Chicken Bake
- 6 Chicken Thighs- skin on or 2 large chicken breasts- about 1.5lbs
- 1 Green Pepper cut in big chunks
- 1 Yellow Pepper sliced cut in big chunks
- 2 Small Red Onions cut into quarters
- 1 Large Sweet Potato cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅔ Cups Kalamata Olives
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Feta
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large baking sheet add the chicken, potatoes, peppers, red onions, lemon wedges, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss until well coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove from the oven and stir in crumbled feta cheese and olives. Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy it!