Healthy Summer Corn Chowder – Easy and delicious homemade corn chowder soup recipe thats filled with fresh sweet corn and is a perfect recipe for all year round.
Healthy Summer Corn Chowder
We love corn so much we literally eat it every single day in the summertime when there are so many fresh corns available. Mostly Marc loves Corn. He will eat corn with everything: pasta, chicken, beef, and even grilled on the Cob. So when he tried this Healthy Summer Corn Chowder recipe he was so so in love with it he wanted me to make it every single day!
This Healthy Summer Corn Chowder Soup has so much flavor and very easy to make. You can have it as a side dish or even as a lunch or dinner option. Most would make this soup with bacon but since we don’t eat bacon or pork at all I have to omit it on everything I cook. So, bacon lovers, I am very sorry. Feel free to add some cooked bacon bits as garnish if you like. Or you can even use some shredded Chicken. I am working on a similar recipe soon that would have some chicken in it.
If you are wondering whether you can use frozen corn for this Healthy Summer Corn Chowder Soup Recipe you certainly can. But expect to have less flavor compared to using fresh corn. Using fresh corn is what will give it that burst of flavor. The flavor of this corn chowder soup is enhanced even more by adding fresh chives and thymes!
How do you thicken corn chowder?
You can use some sort of a thickener to thicken any soup. Some thickeners that would most likely be in your pantry would be flour or corn starch. Before adding the flour or corn starch to the pot, mix the thickener in a small bowl before with about 2-3 tablespoons of cold water to prevent clumping when added to the soup.
Making this Corn soup recipe?
I would love your thoughts on this easy soup recipe if you make it. Leave me a comment below with your feedback and if you loved it please give it a 5-star rating.
Here are some other easy soup recipes to check out:
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Vegan Spicy Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Italian Chicken And Bean Soup
- Crockpot Lentil and Mushroom Soup
- Sausage and White Bean Soup
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this easy Corn Chowder soup Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Healthy Summer Corn Chowder!
Healthy Summer Corn Chowder
- 8 Ears Fresh sweet yellow corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 Tbsp Butter/Ghee Or Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 5 Cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Lb Yellow Potatoes cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 2-3 Tbsp Chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to your taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the shallots, bell pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion has softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the flour, thyme, and garlic and cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in corn kernels, potatoes, turmeric, and bay leaf.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf then transfer half of the chowder to a blender. Blend until smooth, then stir the mixture back into the pot.
- Serve into bowls, garnish with more corn, chives and enjoy!