This Vegan Spicy Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe is so rich, smooth and creamy. They are easy to make, comforting with a nick of heat and bursting with flavor. Warms you up perfectly when it’s cold outside.
Easy and delicious Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Think of sweet potato and Thai food. The combination sounds amazing, doesn’t it? The sweet and spicy flavors of this Vegan Thai Sweet Potato soup recipe will blow your mind away. It is creamy, sweet and spicy and so filling and comforting. They are easy to make and just perfect comfort food. Get cozy with this vegan soup recipe!
What are the benefits of eating sweet potato
Sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene which is where they get their orange color from. Sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Potassium and magnesium. They are also high in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory effects which help reduce inflammation. They have a lower Glycemic index which makes them slower to digest and doesn’t spike your insulin. Are you concinced to make this sweet potato soup now?
Is sweet potato good for weight loss?
One of the reasons that sweet potato is a great candidate for weight loss is the fact that they are high in fiber, have high water content and have a low glycemic index. Most importantly is the fact that because they are high in dietary fiber, they take up more space in your stomach and makes you feel more full. Therefore they prevent you from overeating and they are much slower to digest. Make this Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe and savor all the health benefits that come with it!
I would love to hear about what you think of this Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe. Leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts or if you made any changes to it. If you happen to take a picture of your masterpiece I would love to see it on Instagram. Please tag me or Dm me.
Hungry for more SOUP recipes? Try these next:
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
- Vegetable Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Italian Chicken And Bean Soup
- Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Vegan Spicy Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil Or Ghee for non-vegans
- 1 Large Sweet Onions finely diced
- 2 Celery Stalks Sliced
- 2 Large Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves grated
- 2 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger Peeled and grated
- 1 Red Chili (or to taste) sliced
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 4 Cups Low-sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 4 Tbsp Roughly Chopped Peanuts
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in chili and peanut butter, then add the sweet potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using a hand blender, process until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish the soup with green onions, chili, and peanuts and enjoy!