Chilly night? Rainy day? Warm up with this hearty Italian Chicken and Bean Soup! This one-pot meal is easy to make and a great option for a hot meal.
Italian Chicken and Bean Soup
My Italian chicken and bean soup is jam packed full of vegetables and chicken along with two types of beans thats simmered together in a tomato broth. Mouth watering yet? Mine is. Sounds like I may make this for dinner tonight again!
This Italian chicken and bean soup recipe is one my kids love which is always a nice surprise since it does have lots of good veggies in it. The kids like to help cut up the vegetables and add them to the pot.
Do your kids help with the cooking? What do they like to make? I bet they will love to have Italian chicken and bean soup all the time after they try this soup!
Making this Italian Chicken and Bean Soup? Let me know your thoughts below in the comments
Try this other soup recipe: MEXICAN CHICKEN SOUP!
How to make this Italian Chicken And Bean Soup:
Italian Chicken & Bean Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 14 ounce garlic & herb tomatoes can, do not drain
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 14 ounce red kidney beans
- 14 ounce white beans any variety
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the chicken, beans, and zucchini and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until zucchini is tender.
- Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.