Chilly night? Rainy day? Warm up with this hearty Italian Chicken and Bean Soup! This one-pot meal is easy to make and a great option for a hot meal.
Italian Chicken and Bean Soup
My Italian chicken and bean soup are jam-packed full of vegetables and chicken along with two types of beans that simmered together in a tomato broth. Mouth watering yet? Mine is. Sounds like I may make this for dinner tonight again!
This Italian chicken and bean soup recipe are one my kids love which is always a nice surprise since it does have lots of good veggies in it. The kids like to help cut up the vegetables and add them to the pot.
Do your kids help with the cooking? What do they like to make? I bet they will love to have Italian chicken and bean soup all the time after they try this soup! My kids love soup and they always have this huge smile on their faces when they find out i made soup! I think it makes you warm and cozy when you think of warm soup.
Making this Italian Chicken and Bean Soup? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Or share with me your favorite soup recipe. Find me on Pinterest and Instagram and don’t miss any of my posts. It would mean a lot to me if you pin any of my recipes that you tried and liked!
Try this other soup recipe: MEXICAN CHICKEN SOUP!
Having a sweet tooth lately? I have a few yummy recipes you should check out. They are quite popular and will blow your mind away:
- Keto Almond Butter Cups
- No-Bake Protein Energy Bites
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Double Chocolate Protein Pudding
How to make this Italian Chicken And Bean Soup:
Italian Chicken & Bean Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 14 ounce garlic & herb tomatoes can, do not drain
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 14 ounce red kidney beans
- 14 ounce white beans any variety
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the chicken, beans, and zucchini and cook for 5-7 minutes more, until zucchini is tender.
- Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.