Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
A healthy and tasty alternative to traditional mashed potatoes
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower leaves removed and broken into large florets
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves finely chopped and divided
- 2 Cup Chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 Cup Water or more as needed
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh Chopped Herbs to garnish if desired
Place the cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with broth and water.
Add in half of the garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-18 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender.
Using a colander, strain the cooked cauliflower and place it into a food processor. Add in the remaining garlic and butter; process until smoothly pureed.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed then arrange it into a serving bowl/platter and sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs. Enjoy!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
If the garlic cloves are big use only 4. If they sare small to medium use 6
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 747mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg