Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower – This easy vegetarian cauliflower recipe is full of flavor and the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Makes an amazing appetizer recipe or a side dish option. These baked cauliflowers will soon be your go-to recipe.
Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower Recipe
What a fun and delicious way to make baked cauliflower. Tired of having baked cauliflowers that are just bland and needs a boost in the flavor department? This sweet and spicy cauliflower recipe is for you. Easy to make and bursting with flavor it will be hard to have only one serving. I know there are so many cauliflower recipes out there these days but you have to try this one!
What does cauliflower taste like?
Some may feel that cauliflower has a bitterness taste to it. I personally don’t think they are bitter! Others will say it doesn’t taste bitter and that it has a mild and neutral taste compared to its sister vegetable broccoli. So, individual taste may vary. If you feel like cauliflower is bitter there are ways to reduce the bitterness out of cauliflower. You can sprinkle some salt over it and soak in very cold water. Try cooking it like this baked cauliflower recipe or pair it with other sweet food. Use your favorite dips as well to mellow its flavor.
Can you eat cauliflower on keto?
Cauliflower is very similar to Broccoli and is low in carbs. Even though this particular baked cauliflower recipe is not keto-friendly because of the sweet and spicy sauce that’s added to it, generally simply baked cauliflower with no added sugary sauces are keto-friendly. They are a great cruciferous veggie with 1.5 grams of net carbs per half a cup.
What goes with cauliflower?
Cauliflower is a very versatile veggie. So many different ways to prepare cauliflower and it is also used as low carb options for many foods like rice for example. Cauliflower rice has been very popular for those looking to cut down on carbs. A cauliflower dish or recipe works well as a side dish with many meals. Whether they are baked, grilled or steamed. They can also be eaten as meals or as appetizers like this sweet and spicy baked cauliflower. I do have many cauliflower recipes that I will be tagging below for you to check out.
Making this Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower?
I would love to know if you made this baked cauliflower recipe and liked it. Leave me some feedback by commenting on the post below. Don’t forget to give it a 5-star rating if you loved it.
As promised, here are a few easy cauliflower recipes you can try out:
- Chimichurri grilled cauliflower steaks
- Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Baked Cauliflower Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Green Onions sliced
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
For the Sweet and Spicy Sticky Sauce:
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- ¼ Cup Low sodium soy sauce or coconut amino
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tsp Gluten-free flour or cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment pepper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer onto the prepared baking tray and spray with cooking oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt, and pepper, and using your hands toss well to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until it starts to brown on the edges. While cauliflower is cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and whisk until well incorporated.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir frequently, until sauce thickens about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower has finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over and toss until fully coated. Top with green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Maura J says
why is this included as a “healthy” food? It’s not, It is drenched in sugar.
I’m making this again today. I’m planning on adding tofu and serving it over rice. I’m so glad I’m the only one who will eat it so it’s all mine!
Simple and delicious!! The key to the steps is definitely not to overcook the cauliflower, and too simmer or boil the sauce enough until it is very thick or it won’t stick to the cauliflower.
My family cannot get enough of this.
Made this tonight and it was fantastic! My husband loved it and said he really liked it and wants to have it again. Also said I should make more next time!!! Healthy Vegan recipe too! Winner!!!
Stephanie Lanzalotto says
I made this exactly as written and it was FABULOUS! Brought it to a pot luck gathering and it was the first thing to go. Will make it again and again.
Rena Awada says
Glad you loved it