Blueberry Protein Pancakes Recipe – Protein-packed easy to make pancakes made with Greek yogurt, oatmeal, and fresh blueberries. So filling and nutritious they make the perfect healthy breakfast to jumpstart your morning.
Easy Blueberry Protein Pancakes Recipe
A pancake recipe with added protein gives it that nutritional boost we all need in the morning. There has to be a balance in the number of carbs and protein in a meal. Its all about balance. These easy blueberry protein pancakes can be put together in no time, fluffy, tasty and bursting with fresh blueberry flavors. A blueberry pancake recipe that will be one of your all-time favorite healthy breakfast recipes.
Some questions you may have
Do you put whole berries in pancakes?
You can certainly add berries to your pancakes. The best way to do so would be to add them after the batter is ready to prevent the berries from mashing up and keeping them whole. Once the batter is ready, add the blueberries or any other berries of choice and then mix it in gently before pouring onto the pan.
Can you freeze blueberry pancakes?
Blueberry pancakes are perfectly fine to freeze. They will taste just as amazing once reheated and ready to eat. Make sure you add parchment paper in between the pancakes to prevent them from sticking together. Then store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Do you have to refrigerate leftover pancakes?
Pancakes do have high moisture content. So, it is best to store any leftovers in the fridge in a container or wrapped tightly after they have been cooled off. They should last in the fridge for about 3 days or you can freeze them for longer.
What to serve with pancakes
Often times you wonder what you can serve with blueberry pancakes or any other pancakes. Here are a few ideas:
- Simply add maple syrup
- Load it up with more berries and greek yogurt. Or use dairy-free coconut whip cream.
- A side of sweet potato hash browns
- Diced potatoes
- Turkey bacon or any bacon of choice
- Scrambles eggs
Trying this Blueberry Protein Pancake?
I would love to know if you made this easy pancake recipe. Leave me some feedback in the comments below. Also, I would really appreciate if you give it a 5-star rating. Please tag me on Instagram if you take a picture of any of the recipe you remake.
There are other pancake or breakfast recipes you can check out below:
- Blueberry Puffed Protein Pancake
- Baked Avocado Egg
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones
- Strawberry and Cream Smoothie Recipe
- Protein Overnight Oats Recipe
- Low Carb Protein Waffles
- Banana Protein Pancakes
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Blueberry Protein Pancake Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Ripe banana
- 3/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Skim or almond milk
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Fresh blueberries
- cooking spray
- maple syrup, blueberries, Greek yogurt
- Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients except for blueberries to a blender and blend until the oats are ground up and the batter is smooth about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Place a heaping 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake; cook for approximately 2-3 minutes or until pancake is lightly browned. Flip each pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, topped with maple syrup, blueberries, and Greek yogurt.