There is now an easy and quick way to prepare your broccoli as a side dish. Make Air fryer broccoli without any hassle for a delicious and simple side dish recipe that pairs well with everything.
What is your favorite way of preparing broccoli? Some may just prefer steaming their broccoli whereas some would rather have it more on the crispy and crunchy side with a bit more flavor. Whichever way you prepare your broccoli, the end result will always be delicious, and it’s so good for you too! This simple and easy broccoli side dish recipe will take less than 15 minutes to make. This Air Fryer Broccoli recipe is our go-to way to prepare broccoli without having to worry about overcooking the broccoli and ending up with soggy-looking broccoli. Serve the air-fried broccoli as a side dish or even as an appetizer. It pairs so well with every. This vegetarian side dish is vegan-friendly, low in fat, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Why you will love this broccoli side dish
- Quick and easy: all it takes is 5 minutes of prep time to clean and chop the broccoli, and 8 minutes in the air-fryer. Hassle-free way of preparing your veggie side dish.
- Pairs with anything: This recipe is one of the most versatile side dish recipes that will go well with almost every main course or grilled protein of choice.
- Good for you: Broccoli is so good for you. They are loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Ingredients you will need
- Head of Broccoli: you may use frozen or pre-packed chopped broccoli.
- Oil spray: it can be any kind, like olive oil or avocado oil.
- Garlic salt: or if you have garlic powder and then use salt as well.
- Black pepper
How to make this air fryer broccoli recipe
Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
Place the broccoli florets into a large bowl and spray with olive oil spray. While spraying, turn the florets on all sides to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and pepper, and thoroughly stir to coat.
Cook the broccoli in the air fryer, in 2 batches, for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size of your florets). Shake the basket halfway.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Once you rinse the broccoli, whatever water is left on the broccoli will cause the broccoli to be “steamed” in the air-fryer and prevent them from browning.
It all depends on how well done and crispy you want your broccoli to be. Most people like their side dish broccoli on the crunchy side and some like it on the well-done side. So it all depends on your preference. At about 350°F to 400°F, broccoli will need anywhere between 8-10 minutes. So halfway through, you may open the air fryer, give it a shake or toss, and check if they are done to your liking.
Both ways are healthy compared to deep frying. Whether you choose to air-fry or bake, you are making the right choice already.
You can air-fry vegetables anywhere between 350°F to 400°F for 8-10 minutes. The key is to pay attention to the types of veggies you are using because some will cook faster than others, and you can always open the air-fryer to check if they are done to your liking halfway through so they don’t burn.
healthy Side dish recipes you may like
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Air Fried Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Healthy Homemade Coleslaw Salad
- Garlic Roasted Broccolini
- Cucumber Avocado Feta Salad
- Easy Marinated Tomatoes
What to serve with this broccoli side dish
- Honey Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Oven-Baked Chicken Cutlets
- Easy Chicken Quesadilla
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Skillet
- Keto Shrimp Skillet
- Parmesan Oven Roasted Chicken
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- Avocado or olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp garlic salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
- Place the broccoli florets into a large bowl and spray with olive oil spray. While spraying, turn the florets on all sides to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and pepper, and thoroughly stir to coat.
- Cook the broccoli in the air fryer, in 2 batches, for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size of your florets). Shake the basket halfway.
- if you don’t like broccoli, you may use cauliflower. Cook time will VARY.
- use any other seasonings of choice
- Nutrition facts are an estimation