Switch up your classic cucumber salad by making this Cucumber Avocado Salad with added feta cheese. It is a simple and delicious salad made with fresh ingredients and toss in with an easy homemade dressing.
We love cucumber salads and decided to add in some avocados and feta cheese. This cucumber avocado salad is made with a simple and delicious vinaigrette. An Easy side dish recipe that you can put together last minute when pressed for time and it will only take you just about 15 minutes to put together. It is tangy, fresh, citrusy, creamy, and perfectly crunchy.
This cucumber feta salad is such an easy and scrumptious salad recipe that can be enjoyed all year round. Packed with healthy fats and nutrients from everyday simple and fresh ingredients. It is perfect as a light lunch served with some grilled chicken breast like this Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Breast. This easy cucumber salad recipe is by far one of our favorite salads.
Why you are going to love this cucumber salad
- Simple and quick: All it takes is about 15 minutes of your time to make this cucumber avocado feta salad. It is quick and made with a handful of ingredients.
- Healthy and good for you: Good for you! Yes, you heard us right. This cucumber salad is packed with nutrients and healthy fats! Plus it is made with a healthy homemade dressing.
- Scrumptious: The flavors of this salad will keep you in awe and reaching for more. It is become one of yoru favorite.
INGREDIENTS, notes, and substitutes
- Olive oil: We love the tast of olive oil in salads. Avocado oil will be a perfect substitute
- Vinegar: we used apple sider vinegar, but consider using any other type of vinegar like white or balsamic vinegar.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemon juice as opposed to the bottled kind.
- Garlic: using fresh garlic cloves is a must, garlic powder won’t cut it.
- Italian Seasoning: This seasoning has all we need for this cucumber salad. If you don’t have it, use a combination of the following herbs: oregano, basil, thyme, and/or rosemary.
- Salt and pepper: add these towards the end to taste and just adjust to your liking. Start with 1 tsp of salt and sprinkle fresh ground pepper.
- Cucumber: We used Persian cucumbers but any others will work
- Avocado: Do not use over-ripe and mushy avocados.
- Onion: red, white or sweet onion works
- Herbs: Minsed Parsley and fresh basil: adds in some flavor.
- Feta Cheese: Store-bought feta cheese works.
How to make this Cucumber avocado salad
First, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, and seasonings in a small jar and shake to emulsify.
Next, in a mixing bowl, add the sliced cucumbers, avocado, red onion, and parsley.
Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
Finally, top with crumbled cheese, fresh basil (if you are using fresh basil), and serve immediately.
Frequently asked questions
It all depends on the type of cucumber you are using. The smaller and thinner cucumbers like English or Persian cucumbers have thinner skin and ok to eat so you don’t need to peel them. Market cucumbers or the larger kinds have thicker skin and tend to be a bit tough and bitter so we recommend peeling before adding to salad.
Yes. It is recommended to thoroughly wash the outside/skin of the cucumber before you start cutting it. Wash the cucumber with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel before placing it on the cutting board.
The best place to store your cucumbers is in the fridge. Wash and dry the cucumbers using a paper towel, place them in a paper bag, and store them in the fridge. Also, be sure to store them in the warmest part of the fridge towards the door to prevent them from being too chilled and getting a frozen-like mushy texture.
More easy salads you may like
- Spinach Apple Pecan Salad
- White Bean Tuna Salad
- Cucumber Tomato feta Salad
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Cucumber Avocado Feta Salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1 large avocados or 2 medium, sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 tbsp minced basil leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Place the oil, vinegar, garlic, and seasonings in a small jar and shake to emulsify.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced cucumbers, avocado, red onion, and parsley.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Top with crumbled cheese, basil (if using), and serve immediately.
- Use firm but ripe avocados
- fresh cucumbers are ideal for a delicious crunchy salad.
- you may use store-bought crumbles feta
- it is best to use fresh lemons and garlic for the best taste.
Can this be prepped in advance?
Rena Awada says
Yes. but do not add the avocado and dressing until ready to serve