Dinner is served! Enjoy a healthy spin on spaghetti with zoodles, zucchini made into spaghetti noodles. They are quickly becoming very popular and with good reason. Try them with my Pesto Shrimp Zoodles recipe. Super easy to put together and full of flavor.
Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
This recipe with zucchini noodles tossed in pesto and topped with Italian seasoned shrimp and tomatoes will have your taste buds asking for more. It’s a refreshing dinner that won’t weigh you down.
My kids even love this Pesto Shrimp Zoodles, which is a huge plus for me as they can be picky. They may not like it as much as actual noodles but whenever I make zoodles for myself they always want to eat with mommy.
You can use store-bought pesto or you can make your own. Please see my notes below to see my notes on making homemade Pesto.
Making this Pesto Shrimp Zoodles? I hope you like it as much as i do. Do you have a favorite zoodle recipe? I would love for you to share it with me in the comments below. I am all about low carb meals so I am always looking for low carb recipe ideas.
Hungry for more? Check out these other yummy recipes:
- Healthy Eggplant And Zucchini Gratin
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
- Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- Italian Turkey Meatballs
Ingredients you need for The Pesto Shrimp Zoodles:
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley to Garnish
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Pesto Shrimp Zoodles Recipe:
Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
- 3 large zucchini spiralized
- ½ cup pesto (Try my homemade Pesto Sauce) see Notes*
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or equal parts of garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided use
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini noodles are just tender. Stir in pesto.
- Place the shrimp on top of the zucchini noodles, along with the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
You can get store-bought Pesto or make your own. For a Homemade Pesto Recipe Click HERE.