This Creamy Garlic Mushroom is a quick and easy side dish recipe that’s made with button mushrooms, tossed in a mouthwatering creamy garlic sauce made with brie cheese. An easy low-carb and keto mushroom recipe sauteed to perfection.
Sauteed mushrooms are good to have as a side dish all year round even though they are a staple to add to your dinner table when hosting during the holiday season! They go perfectly well with steaks, chicken, pot roasts, and you name it. They are easy to make and can be ready in just under 20 minutes. These easy sauteed garlic mushrooms are so tasty, you would want to make them on a weekly basis.
Why you will love this recipe
- Perfect side dish: This Creamy mushroom side dish recipe is delicious and adds flavor to any meal.
- Healthy and nutritious: Mushrooms are a good source of nutrients like fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Convenient and easy to make: Making a creamy mushroom side dish is quick and easy, making it a convenient addition to your meals.
Ingredients you will need
- Olive Oil: any other oil will work. You may use avocado oil
- Button Mushrooms: we prefer that you use button mushrooms but another type of mushroom of your choice.
- Garlic Cloves chopped: fresh garlic gives the best flavor.
- Vegetable Broth: to keep this vegetarian you should use vegetable broth, otherwise you may use chicken broth
- Brie (casings removed), chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves: this is optional but gives it a great flavor.
How to make this sauteed Garlic Mushrooms
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat; Once hot, add in the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then cook for about a minute more.
Add the broth and chopped brie, and stirring constantly cook until the brie has melted into a super creamy sauce.
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Garnish with fresh thyme. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Among many other health benefits of mushrooms, here are a few we thought we should mention:
- Mushrooms are rich in antioxidants like selenium which helps support the immune system and prevent damage to cells
- Rich in B vitamins: riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which help protect heart health.
- High in dietary fiber, which helps in managing diabetes
- A great dietary source of vitamin D
Frequently asked questions
Mushrooms have a short shelf life so buy them when you are ready to use them. Keep them in their original packaging in the fridge. If they are bought loose, store them in a paper bag or place in a container and wrap them with plastic wrap that’s punctured with a few holes and then placed them in the fridge. You may store your garlic mushrooms leftovers in a container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
There are many different ways of cooking and preparing mushrooms. Some may eat certain mushrooms raw, while others enjoy cooking them. Different ways of cooking could be frying, sauteeing, microwaving, boiling, baking, grilling, or roasting.
There’s been some research that shows that the shorter the cooking time of mushrooms the more of its nutritional values are retained. They also mentioned that grilling is better than boiling or frying mushrooms which increased its antioxidant activity.
Mushrooms are a great option for those on a keto-friendly diet since they are low in carbs, fat, and calories. They are good to add to any meal for some added fiber.
Even though you can technically dry the raw mushrooms really well and then freeze them, when you remove them from the freeze and thaw them, you may end up with some soggy mushrooms. They will not be like the fresh mushrooms you get from the market. You may freeze cooked mushrooms in a tightly sealed Ziploc bag or container.
Recipes that you may like
- Espresso Overnight Oats
- Garlic Chicken Meatballs Bowl
- Berries Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bites
- Roasted Honey Mustard Carrot
Other easy side dishes to check out:
- Parmesan Zucchini Corn Salad
- Baked Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Crockpot Lentil and Mushroom Soup
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Soup
- Healthy Broccoli Casserole
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Creamy Garlic Mushroom Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lb Button Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 4 oz Brie (casings removed), chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat; Once hot, add in the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, then cook for about a minute more.
- Add the broth and chopped brie, and stirring constantly cook until the brie has melted into a super creamy sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Garnish with fresh thyme. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To keep this vegetarian use vegetable broth
- you may use avocado oil
- use fresh garlic cloves
I made this recipe and my Dad, who doesn’t care for mushrooms but tolerates them absolutely LOVED them and said I can make them for him anytime and he will gladly eat them! Everyone enjoyed them! Delicious! I followed recipe as written!
Glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback
Can you recommend a cheese substitute for the Brie?
You can go with a combination of milk + cream cheese, or Heavy-cream (coconut milk) and cream cheese
Just amazing over steaks. The Brie is a game changer! Super easy! “Healthy” wasn’t per-say on the table so added some unsalted butter to mushrooms to sauté (1 tablespoon).
So glad you loved it
Tried it today, served on a pumpernickel toast. Perfect stimulation for picky taste buds. Will be making this again very soon!
So awesome! thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it
Why did the Brie not melt? It curdled and turned to a scrambled egg consistency.