This Baked Garlic Herb Zucchini Fritters recipe is a vegetarian dish that is super tasty and so easy to make. They are the perfect snack and appetizer that’s a healthier alternative to the classic Zucchini Fritters recipe.
Easy Garlic Herb Zucchini Fritters Recipe
I love how these baked Zucchini fritters turned out! I was a bit worried about them turning out a bit soggy but they turned out crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. They are the perfect kid-friendly snack and pairs well as a side dish with grilled steaks or chicken. Add them to lunch boxes or to your meal prep! Serve these zucchini fritters with your favorite dip. If you are looking for an easy homemade dressing or dip try this yogurt dip or try this Ranch Dressing!
How to make Healthy Zucchini fritters
First, you need to shred the zucchini, add some salt to them and place it on paper towels for a few minutes to suck in all the excess water from the zucchini. Pat dry and squeeze a bit to retain any moisture from the zucchini.
Then add the fresh herbs, zucchini, garlic powder, salt, shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, and flour into a bowl. Stir to combine. Take a spoonful, roll into a ball, place on parchment paper, and pat down to make thinner.
Finally, pop in the oven and bake according to the directions below. Serve with your favorite healthy dip!
Vegan Zucchini Fritters
These zucchini fritters are not vegan because they contain cheese and eggs. You can certainly make a vegan version if you are able to substitute the cheese with vegan cheese. As for the eggs you can replace the one egg with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed or they sell vegan egg replacers and just use one tablespoon. Follow the same directions below.
What’s a good replacement for zucchini?
The highlight of this baked Zucchini fritters recipe is obviously the zucchini. If you don’t happen to either have them on hand or you don’t like zucchini you can make a few adjustments. First, I would say try its sister, the yellow squash. Another couple of options would be a mix of cauliflower and broccoli. This gives me an idea to make some cauliflower zucchini fritters soon. what do you think?
Making this baked Zucchini Fritters Recipe?
I would love to hear your thoughts on these easy to make Fritters. Please let me a comment below with some feedback and tag me on Instagram if you happen to snap a pic of this recipe.
Check these other easy and amazing healthy recipes that I think you will enjoy:
- Szechuan Shrimp Stir Fry
- Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe
- Healthy Kung Pao Chicken
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet
- Citrus Garlic Butter Shrimps
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Healthy Zucchini Fritters Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Baked Garlic Herb Zucchini Fritters
- 2 medium Zucchini shredded and pat dried (about 2 cups)
- 1¼ Cup Oat Flour
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Dill
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt or to taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and stir until well-combined. Take a spoonful of mixture and roll it into a small ball, pat down to make them thinner and then place it onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture; you should have about 16 balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Zucchini has a lot of moisture. It is very important to allow the shredded zucchini to sit on a paper towel or collander to drain.