This Szechuan Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe is so tasty and easy to make. Made with the most delicious Szechuan sauce recipe that will also work well with chicken or beef. Get dinner on the table with as little as 20 minutes.
Easy Szechuan Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
This Szechuan Shrimp has been my go-to recipe lately. They are perfect for meal prep with some quinoa or whole wheat pasta. A classic Chinese dish with a hint of garlic, ginger, sweet, savory, and spicy flavors in one dish. Loaded with Szechuan spices, veggies, and so much better than takeout. You can add it any other veggies that you already have to this dish and the result will still be the same.
It is important to add in the right ingredients to make the Szechuan sauce for this Szechuan shrimp recipe. This sauce recipe is so delicious and would work really well with chicken and beef as well.
Szechuan Sauce Recipe:
Reduced sodium soy sauce
Cloves garlic, pressed
Chinese five spice powder
Ground ginger powder
Add all the above ingredients in a bowl and set aside until you are ready to add over the cooked shrimp, chicken or beef. If you like your meals more on the hot side, you may double up on the chili flakes and sriracha.
What does Szechuan taste like?
Szechuan is a Chinese cuisine that has bold and spicy flavors. It has a savory, hot, and a touch of sweetness to it. The taste is so unique which makes it a classic and very flavorful dish.
Thoughts on this Szechuan Shrimp recipe?
What are your thoughts on this Szechuan Shrimp? Would you prefer to make this with shrimp, chicken or beef? I would love some feedback. Please come back and leave me a comment below or tag me on social media so I can see your remake.
More Asian recipes you can take a peek at if you have a moment:
- Easy Sesame Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry Recipe
- Baked Cashew Chicken
- Healthy Kung Pao Chicken
- Shrimp Stir fry Noodles
- Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like Szechuan Shrimp this Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Szechuan Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 ½ lb Raw Jumbo Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp Sesame or Vegetable oil
- 2 Bell Peppers different colors, chopped
- 1 ½ Cup Snap Peas
- 6 Green Onions sliced to 1.5-inch pieces, plus more to garnish
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
For the Szechuan sauce:
- ¼ Cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 2 Tsp Sriracha Sauce
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ Tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger Powder
- ½ Tbsp Cornstarch
- Start by making the Szechuan sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, then add veggies and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes, or until shrimp starts to curl.
- Add in the Szechuan sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes more, until shrimp is fully cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!