Say goodbye to take out Teriyaki Chicken and say hello to this Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry Recipe. Prepared with Chicken breast and vegetables stir-fried and then coated in a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
It’s tasty and delightful. It’s that one dish that the whole family will ask for over and over again. Bring back the days where families sat around the table together. Serving this dish will make everyone want to run to the table and enjoy those family dinners again. You’re going to love this teriyaki sauce too! Making your own Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry recipe is going to be the best thing you ever did in your kitchen.
You can certainly serve this with either rice or Quinoa! We love quinoa at our house so we serve this with quinoa always. If you would like to sub the Chicken for another protein like Shrimp it will work out just fine!
Can you substitute soy sauce with teriyaki sauce
Soy sauce is not a good substitute for teriyaki sauce. Unless your recipe already calls for ginger, garlic, and honey, then you can skip the teriyaki sauce and add soy sauce. Otherwise, teriyaki sauce is thicker and sweeter than soy sauce and will affect the taste of the recipe immensely. This Chicken Teriyaki stir-fry recipe comes with a homemade teriyaki sauce recipe.
I hope you love this Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry recipe as much as we do. If you do please rate it and leave me a comment below. I would love to get some feedback from you. What did you serve it with?
More lunch or dinner ideas for you:
- Chicken And Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe:
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
For the stir fry:
- 1 and ¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- ½ Cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the sauce:
- Place the soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, honey, and sesame oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Set sauce aside.
For the stir fry:
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables have started to brown and soften.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook, until water has evaporated. When your vegetables are crisp-tender remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over high heat.
- Place half of the chicken in the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set the first batch of chicken aside and repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
- Add all of the chicken and vegetables back to the pan. Pour the sauce over the top and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat until warmed through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.