This Vegetable Minestrone Soup Recipe is a hearty soup filled with an assortment of veggies, beans, and whole wheat or Gluten-free pasta. It can also be made vegan!
Best Vegetable Minestrone Soup Recipe
This Vegetable Minestrone Soup can also obviously be a vegetarian meal even though I haven’t mentioned it. Its made with loads of heart-healthy ingredients, kidney beans, pasta, and fresh vegetables. Feel free to add as many different veggies as you like in this recipe. The more the better!
For those that aren’t making this as a vegan recipe, you can add some parmesan cheese are garnish. We add lots of this to almost all the soup we make. We all just love cheese!
If you want this Vegetable Soup recipe to be gluten-free simply use gluten-free pasta. I use whole wheat because its what I always have handy and a healthier option for us.
How do you add flavor to minestrone soup?
When making Vegetable minestrone soup, it can often come out a bit bland for some. It all comes down to what herbs and spices you add. First, I say use some vegetable broth. Then add some different herbs to give it a boost in the flavor departments. Try bay leaves, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
We really love this Vegetable soup recipe. If you love it too please comment below and share it with your friends and family on social media! Also please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram so I can see your remakes.
Here are some other soup recipes that you might want to try:
- Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
- Healthy Summer Corn Chowder
- Italian Chicken and Bean Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Vegetable soup recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Vegetable Minestrone Soup recipe:
Vegetable Minestrone Soup recipe
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 1 Russet Potato peeled and diced
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 14 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes organic
- 1 Large Zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 8 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce organic
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 15 Ounce Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Whole Wheat Macaroni Use Gluten-free Option
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese For Serving Optional for non-vegans
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and potato to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are browned and starting to soften 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth to the pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the kidney beans and pasta. Simmer until pasta is tender, approximately 6 minutes or according to cook time on pasta package.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with parsley and serve, topped with parmesan cheese.