This Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is healthier than your typical takeout that your whole family will love. Made with chunks of chicken, broccoli, cashew and a savory and spicy sauce.
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
First, you will need to cook cook the onions and broccoli in the pan along with the other veggies then set aside for later. Then cook the chicken in the same pan until they are browned and cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, you will prepare the sauce. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly add the veggies back into the pan and mix. Pour the sauce that your prepared and mix. Finally top with the cashews and fresh onions!
I love serving this spicy chicken stir fry with plain basmati rice. I love the flavor of basmati but most often we use brown rice or quinoa with this stir fry recipe. my kids love quinoa and never complain when they see it on the dinner table.
If you like this Spicy Chicken Stir Fry recipe please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!
Another one of my favorites meals is my BARBECUE CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil divided use
- 1 and 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or more to taste (available in the Asian food aisle)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews or almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: cooked brown rice for serving
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
- Add the broccoli and 1 tablespoon of water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and ginger and cook for 2 minutes more, or until peppers are just softened.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Add the vegetables back to the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce.
- In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey and chili garlic sauce. In another small bowl, add the cornstarch along with 2 teaspoons of cold water, whisk to combine.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the soy sauce mixture and stir until thoroughly combined
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken and vegetables and turn up the heat to high. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 30 seconds or until just thickened.
- Sprinkle the cashews and green onions over the top and serve, with brown rice if desired.