This Honey Garlic Chicken Breast recipe will change the way you prepare your chicken forever. Enjoy tender and juicy chicken with each bite and only 30 minutes from start to finish. A perfectly healthy chicken recipe that the entire family will enjoy.
There are endless ways to prepare chicken but this honey garlic chicken breast recipe is one of our favorite ways to cook up chicken. The chicken comes out so tender and juicy and it’s just really easy to make. Made with simple ingredients and ready in just under 30 minutes. The honey garlic sauce is made of fresh garlic, chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey. There can’t be a simpler way to prepare your chicken breast than this honey garlic chicken recipe. Very delicious and pairs well with everything.
why you will love this chicken breast recipe
- Simple and easy: No complicated list of ingredients needed to make this easy honey garlic chicken recipe . Easy to make too and ready in just 30 minutes tops.
- Healthy and delicious: This simple chicken breast recipe is made with healthy and clean ingredients which makes it perfectly healthy to enjoy with loads of protein and its just so good!
- Meal-prep friendly: If you meal prep, this honey chicken recipe is for you. Slice the chicken up and pair it with some baked sweet potatoes and a side of veggies! They store well too!
Ingredients you will need and substitutes
- Olive oil: you may use any other oil you have
- Chicken: we used chicken breast but feel free to use bonelss chicken thighs or even switch it up and use shrimp or salmon.
- Seasonings and herbs: lemon-pepper, salt & pepper, fresh parsley
- Garlic: please use fresh garlic cloves for the best taste. If you must you can use garlic powder but we do highly recommend using fresh.
- Chicken broth: if you dont have any chicken broth you may use vegetable broth
- Soy sauce: use low sodium or you may use coconut aminos
- Flour: we used gluten-free flour but you can use all-purpose or wheat flour
- Honey: we prefer that you use honey, but you can also use maple syrup or brown sugar. The taste will vary slightly.
How to make this honey garlic chicken breast recipe
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken: Next, season the chicken with salt and lemon-pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Cook the chicken: Cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Make the honey garlic sauce: Next, to the same preheated skillet, make the sauce: add the garlic and cook for no more than 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, gluten-free flour, honey and whisk well, or until no visible lumps.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet: Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon over the honey garlic sauce. Continue to cook for a minute or two, just until hot.
- Serve: Finally, serve immediately garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
Frequently asked questions
As long as you avoid frying chicken you are safe! The best way and healthiest way to cook your chicken breast is to either grill or bake it. You can also sautee chicken on your grill top with a small amount of oil.
If you are baking your chicken breast, bake at 350°F (177˚C) for about 25 to 30 minutes. The best way to check if the chicken is cooked through is to use a food thermometer to check the thickest part of the breast until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. If you are cooking the chicken on your stovetop, cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. You may also use temperature to check doneness.
You always marinate your chicken which will make it more juicy and flavorful. To add more flavor to your chicken breast use herbs and seasonings. There are many options so use your favorite. Consider adding fresh garlic with a hint of honey as well for a more flavorful chicken dish.
Recipe notes and tips
- Do not cook the chicken on high heat to prevent it from drying out.
- Use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.
- Use other protein if you like. Consider shrimp or salmon.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for uo to 3 days.
- Use coconut aminos intead of soy sauce if you prefer.
- Serve this honey garlic chicken with white rice, brown rice, or quinoa. For a low carb option, serve with cauliflower rice instead.
More recipes you may like
- Honey Glazed Salmon
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Sauteed Mushroom
- Kung Pao Shrimp
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts about 5 oz each
- 2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and lemon-pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm. About 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Next, to the same preheated skillet, make the sauce: add the garlic and cook for no more than 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, gluten-free flour, honey and whisk well, or until no visible lumps.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon over the honey garlic sauce. Continue to cook for a minute or two, just until hot.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
- chicken: we love using chicken breasts since they are leaner but if you are a fan of chicken thighs and you aren’t counting macros, you can use boneless chicken thighs.
- broth: the recipe is that of chicken so we used chicken broth. you may use vegetable broth.
- please use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder
- all-purpose or whole wheat flour can be used instead of gluten-free flour. Alternatively, you may use cornstarch in place of the flour.
- do not overcook the chicken breast to prevent them from drying out and get that rubbery texture.
Wendell Estate says
I’m grateful that I saw this post. Thank you for sharing these healthy recipes with honey. Indeed, honeys have a lot of benefits, especially to our health.
OMG so yummy!!! Only added about half the honey and it worked fantastic. 10/10
Perfect! Thank you
Hi. delicious. Sorry. I am the zee king of substitution. Changed lemon to 1 tsp of seasoning, 1 tsp lemon juice. No honey, 2 oz sherry. I really liked the gluten free flour…
Rena Awada says
Beck and Bulow says
This was one of the best and easy chicken dishes I’ve ever made.
This was so easy to prepare and I am sure I will be making these for get togethers many times in the future. I will let you know how they came out and I plan on checking out a lot more of your recipes. Thank you!!!
Chloe abbott says
It was so good and so flavorful and very easy !!
Amazing! Thanks for the feedback