Eat yourself skinny with this delicious Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe. It is easy to make, low in carbs, gluten-free and loaded with veggies. This recipe takes only about 30 minutes to make.
Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
This Shrimp Zucchini Noodles recipe is the perfect meal to have for dinner since they are low in carbs. They taste amazing and only takes about 30 minutes to make. Your whole family will love this meal and they are also perfect if you want to meal prep.
Can you cook zucchini Noodles ahead of time?
I don’t recommend actually cooking the zucchini noodles ahead. My experience with this is that they get soggy especially if you overcook them. But you can prepare the zoodles for this Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe ahead if you want to. Meaning you can spiralize them and place over some napkins. Sprinkle some salt over them and let them sit for about 30 minutes. Then transfer them into a container and use when you are ready. They stay fresh in the fridge for about 2-3 days
How to prevent Soggy Zucchini Noodles:
Here are a few tips on how you can make your zucchini noodles not soggy. First, do not overcook the zoodles. If you cook for more than 2 minutes they do get soggy. For this Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe, I tossed it in with the stir fry for about a minute. I love my zoodles to be a bit crunchy.
Also, Once you spiralize the zucchini, place in a colander, sprinkle some salt on them and rub down. Leave it for about 10 minutes for some of the moisture to drain. Or you can place on a paper towel instead.
Making this easy shrimp zucchini noodles recipe?
If you love Zoodles as much as I do you will love this tasty Asian Shrimp Zoodles recipe. If you make them please come back, rate it and leave me a comment below. Your feedback is important because I get to know what you guys like and don’t like.
I do have some more recipes with Zucchini to check out:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Shrimp Zucchini Noodles recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes or to taste
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 2 Large Carrots spiralized
- 2 Large Zucchini spiralized
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 Large White Onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tsp Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chili flakes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until cooked through and pink, about 3 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with sea salt and pepper and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then add the bell peppers, carrots, and onions.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in the Asian sauce and cook, for an additional for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add in zucchini noodles and cooked shrimp to the pan, and stir well to combine.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!