This Easy Low Carb Shrimp Scampi Zoodles Recipe is a quick, easy, tasty meal that’s lightened up with a delicious lemon butter sauce. This Scampi recipe pairs well with zucchini noodles to make the perfect low carb meal the whole family can enjoy.
Easy Low Carb Shrimp Scampi Zoodles Recipe
So much I could say about this Easy to make, Low Carb Shrimp Scampi zoodles recipe. The fact that I made it with zucchini noodles instead of pasta says a lot about this dish. Cut down on the carbs tremendously. Some of you may say nothing beats the taste of pasta. Which is true. But those who are looking for low carb meals will love this Shrimp Scampi recipe.
For those that don’t know how to make your zucchini into zoodles, you use something called a spiralizer that found at most grocery stores.
How do you thicken Shrimp Scampi Sauce
If you are making a shrimp scampi recipe and you are one of those that prefer the sauce to be on the thick side, you can add a bit of cornstarch to the sauce mix. Mix the corn starch either with the melted butter or dissolve about 1 tsp of cornstarch with cold water and add it in.
What should you serve with Shrimp Scampi
It is typically served over some sort of pasta or for a low carb option zoodles (zucchini noodles ). You may also serve your shrimp scampi recipe with side dishes like grilled veggies and quinoa. Also, try it as an appetizer with slices of whole-grain bread.
I love this Easy low carb Scampi Zoodles recipe and I hope you do as well. Planning on making this? Please come back and rate it. Leave me a comment below with some feedback. I would love to hear from you. Tag me on Instagram using my #healthyfitnessmeals hashtag so I can see what you make from my blog.
More Zoodles recipe for you:
- Greek Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Noodles
- Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
- Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe
- Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Shrimp Scampi Zoodles Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Low Carb Shrimp Scampi Zoodles Recipe
- 3 Large Zucchini spiralized
- 1 Tbsp Butter or olive oil
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning (or equal parts dried garlic, oregano, and basil)
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the shrimp, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini noodles are just tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the top of the shrimp and zoodles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.