This Whole Roasted Cauliflower is coasted with a garlic herb sauce. An easy and healthy side dish recipe that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian, low carb, keto, and paleo-friendly. Makes a wholesome addition to your dinner table.
We love how easy and tasty this oven-roastedF cauliflower is! It is beyond a side dish on your dinner table and it can also be enjoyed as a main dish! A great vegetarian or vegan alternative for the holidays and special occasions. Crispy on the outside, tender in the inside, this whole roasted cauliflower will be your new favorite way to eat cauliflower.
How to make Roasted Whole Cauliflower
Preheat your oven to 400F.
In a small bowl, whisk the Olive Oil with garlic and seasonings. Brush the cauliflower all over with the garlic oil mixture, then place it into a dutch oven pot or baking dish.
Pour in the broth, then place the lid on or cover and transfer it to the oven.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then take the lid off and bake for additional 10-12 minutes.
Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- You may add any other seasonings or sauces over the cauliflower before you add in the oven.
- For a crispier result, bake for the first 3o minutes and then roast for the 10-12 minutes
IS CAULIFLOWER KETO
Yes. Cauliflower is allowed to have on the keto diet. It is used to replace high carbohydrate foods like rice and potatoes. This is because they are very low in carbs and they make a great alternative for starchy foods.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN CAULIFLOWER IS COOKED
While your cauliflower is baking or cooking, use a knife or a fork to check for doneness by gently piercing the cauliflower. Fork should go through the cauliflower with ease. Once cauliflower is done, place on a plate and let the roasted cauliflower head to cool for a few minutes to allow excess water to drain before serving.
HOW LONG TO ROAST CAULIFLOWER
Roasted Cauliflower needs about 30-45 minutes in the oven depending on the size of the cauliflower. It is best to check it occasionally and test it for doneness using a fork.
WHAT TEMPERATURE TO ROAST CAULIFLOWER
Cauliflower can be roasted on 350-425 F depending on your oven and size of the cauliflower. At 400F, a medium-sized cauliflower will take about 40 minutes. Regardless of which temperature you go with, keep a close eye on the cauliflower. You don’t want the top to burn too quickly while it is undercooked on the inside.
CAN YOU ROAST FROZEN CAULIFLOWER
YES! You can roast frozen cauliflower. It may take longer to defrost first before the baking or roasting process actually starts. You may defrost cauliflower before you add in the oven. If adding a frozen whole cauliflower in the oven, add another 15-20 minutes into the cooking time.
WHAT TO EAT WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
This whole roasted cauliflower recipe can be enjoyed as an appetizer, side dish or as a main meal! To name a few, here are some sides suggestions:
- Grilled steaks, chicken or seafood
- More roasted veggies
We want to know what you think of this best-roasted garlic cauliflower. Leave us a comment below and don’t forget to share it with friends and family. Also, let us know what you had this roasted cauliflower with.
Here are some other easy side dish recipes to check out:
- Pumpkin Spice Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
- Baked Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Butternut Squash Casserole
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Garlic Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Garlic Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower leaves removed
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves minced
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Dried Chives
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Broth
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Olive Oil with garlic and seasonings.
- Brush the cauliflower all over with the garlic Oil mixture, then place it into a dutch oven pot or baking dish. pour in the broth, then place the lid on or cover and transfer it to the oven.
- Bake/roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then take the lid off and bake for additional 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy!