Make this easy and simple Fajita baked chicken breast recipe in just 30 minutes. Tender and juicy chicken that pairs well with rice or pasta, and makes for a perfect healthy dinner recipe.
Fajita baked chicken breast is a delicious and healthy meal option that’s easy to make and perfect for the whole family. To make it, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fajita seasoning, bell peppers, and onions. Start by seasoning the chicken with the fajita seasoning (or use our seasoning mix in the recipe further down below), and then bake it in the oven with the bell peppers and onions until they are perfectly cooked through or the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. The result is a flavorful and juicy chicken breast that’s perfect for a healthy dinner. Serve it with a side of rice or quinoa for a complete meal that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Why you will love this fajita chicken
- Healthy and Nutritious: This Fajita baked chicken breast recipe is a healthy and nutritious meal that’s packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals. It’s a great option for anyone who’s looking to eat healthier and maintain a balanced diet.
- Quick and Easy to Prepare: This baked chicken dish is very easy to make, and it requires minimal preparation and cooking time. You can have a delicious and healthy meal ready in just 30 minutes.
- Versatile and Flavorful: Fajita baked chicken breast is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. You can serve it with rice, quinoa, or salad, and you can also add other ingredients such as avocado, salsa, or sour cream to enhance the flavor. It’s a dish that’s sure to please everyone, and it’s perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients you will need
- Bell peppers, thinly sliced: you may use a different color of bell peppers
- Red onion: if all you have is white cooking onions that’s fine, no need to make a trip to the store for red onions.
- Chicken Breast: use same-size chicken breasts or you may use boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- Seasonings: smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Oil: we used avocado oil, but you may use olive oil
- Stock: we used chicken stock, but vegetable stock works
- Shredded cheddar cheese: or any shredded cheese of your choice.
- Minced Parsley
- Lime or lemon
How to make baked chicken fajita
Preheat the oven to 375 F
Thinly slice the peppers and onion and place them in a baking dish.
Top with the chicken breast and sprinkle each with paprika, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with oil and rub them all over to evenly coat.
Add chicken stock to the baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
To get a nice charred final look, broil for a couple of minutes.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lime wedges.
frequently asked questions
The baking time for chicken breast can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. As a general rule, it’s best to bake chicken breast at 375°F (190°C) for 20-30 minutes. However, if the chicken breast is particularly thick, it may take longer to cook. To ensure that the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature has reached 165°F (75°C). It’s important not to overcook the chicken breast, as it can become dry and tough.
It is generally recommended to bake chicken breasts uncovered, as this allows for the chicken to brown and develop a crispy exterior while cooking. Covering the chicken while baking can result in a softer and more steamed texture. However, if you are concerned about the chicken breast drying out during baking, you can cover it with foil for the first 15-20 minutes of cooking, and then uncover it for the remainder of the baking time to achieve the desired texture.
There are several reasons why chicken breast may turn out dry. One of those reasons can be
overcooking the chicken so make sure you do not cook the chicken for too long. Another reason could be the type of chicken breast that is used. Some chicken breasts are naturally drier than others.
More chicken recipes you may like
- Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken
- Oven-Baked Greek Chicken Breast
- Marry Me Chicken Skillet
- Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Taco Chicken Pinwheels
- Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Garlic Butter Chicken Skillet
Recipes you may like
- Herbed Whipped Feta Cheese Dip
- Double Chocolate Chip Date Energy Ball
- Espresso Overnight Oats
- Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Fajita Baked Chicken Breast
- 2 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion sliced into half moons
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp minced parsley to garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- reheat the oven to 375 F
- Thinly slice the peppers and onion and place them in a baking dish.
- Top with the chicken breast and sprinkle each with paprika, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with oil and rub them all over to evenly coat.
- Add chicken stock to the baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To get a nice charred final look, broil for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lime wedges.
- try using same-size chicken breasts
- you may use shrimp in place of chicken if preferred
- any cheese of choice works
- you may use olive oil
- vegetable stock can be used in place of chicken stock