This Greek Baked Chicken Breast With Feta is moist, tender, oven-baked chicken breasts steeped in flavor from a bright, zesty lemon herbed marinade. Perfect low carb chicken dinner recipe to serve any night of the week that’s keto-friendly.
These Greek-style baked chicken breasts are topped with salty, melty feta cheese, crisp, colorful, and mild sweet red onion, and sliced Kalamata olives. Rich, meaty grape tomatoes provide a sweet crunch that balances the other toppings with the right acidity. Once you assemble your ingredients, this Mediterranean flavor-packed dish is so simple and absolutely delicious! Everything is easily prepared the night before, and your marinated chicken will be steeped with traditional Greek flavor when you’re ready to pop in the oven.
Ingenious, elegant, and bursting with fresh herb flavor, this easy oven-baked greek chicken breast is a definite time-saver; from oven to table in 25 to 30 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Baked Greek Chicken Breast
- Authentic lemony Greek chicken breast flavor. Easy to make and full of flavor.
- An impressive dish, that can easily be made in advance.
- Tender and juicy: Longer marinade time increases moisture and lemon herb taste. You will enjoy tender and juicy flavored chicken breast.
- A scrumptious, satisfying heart-healthy meal with lots of nutrient-rich ingredients
Equipment Needed To Make Easy Greek Chicken Bake
- Lemon Zester
- Measuring Cups
- Measureing Spoons
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Oven Safe Baking Dish
- Meat Thermometer
Ingredients For Your Greek Chicken With Feta, Olives, And Tomatoes
- Olive oil: we love cooking with olive oil, but you may use any other oil.
- Lemons: you need the juice and zest of one lemon
- Herbs: oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Fresh herbs: choose between parsley, basil, or oregano.
- Chicken breast: you may use skinless and boneless chicken thighs or drumsticks. Cooking time will vary.
- Tomatoes: Use what you have handy but cherry or grape tomato works best.
- Olives: for best flavor, use kalamata olives
- Feta cheese: You can use pre-bought crumbled feta
- Red onion: if you can’t get your hands on red onions, use white sweet onions.
How To Make A Baked Greek Chicken Breast With Feta
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a small bowl whisk the oil, lemon juice, zest, seasonings, and basil or herbs of choice.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a medium oven-safe dish.
Pour over the prepared greek-style dressing. If time allows, you can marinate the chicken for 1 hour, or overnight, keeping it in the oven dish. (Just before roasting, allow it to sit for 30 minutes over the counter to get to room temp!)
Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Once the chicken is done (an internal thermometer inserted into each reads 165F), remove it from the oven. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then chop into large chunks and place back into the dish.
Top with tomatoes, olives, onions, and feta.
Greek-Style Baked Chicken Breast FAQs
It really comes down to personal preference; both work equally well and are interchangeable in this dish. Use what you have on hand and try the other type on the next go-round.
Health Tip: Tomates are rich in cancer-fighting lycopene and a good source of Vitamins A and C. Feel free to indulge in these little nutrient powerhouses unless you are avoiding nightshades.
Besides the shape? One is small and round like a cherry, and the other is small and oblong like a grape. Grape tomatoes have thicker skin than cherry tomatoes and less juice, resulting in a meatier flesh that adds crunch and texture to this greek lemon chicken bake. Nice acid and sugar balance in cherry tomatoes create a richer, slightly sweet, fresh garden tomato flavor.
Of course, and it will still taste great! Just know the flavor profile will be slightly different as most authentic greek lemon chicken recipes start with fresh herbs.
Remember to adjust measurements from fresh to dried, 1 tbsp of fresh herbs to 1 tsp of dried. Dried herbs, especially “fresh” dried herbs, are very potent and have a concentrated flavor.
Yes, for the spacially handicapped fridge, place your marinade and chicken in an appropriate-sized, food-safe Ziploc bag. I’d go for a freezer bag to ensure no spills or leaks from accidental piercing or tears.
Pro-Tip: Always allow refrigerated and marinated meats, at least 30 minutes for the dish to come up to room temp before baking unless the recipe specifies otherwise.
More chicken breasts recipes you may like
- Air fryer chicken breast
- Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Baked BBQ Chicken Breast
- Balsamic Chicken Breast
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Greek Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil parsley, or oregano
- 2 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 small red onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl whisk the oil, lemon juice, zest, seasonings, and basil or herbs of choice.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a medium oven-safe dish.
- Pour over the prepared greek-style dressing. If time allows, you can marinate the chicken for 1 hour, or overnight, keeping it in the oven dish. (Just before roasting, allow it to sit for 30 minutes over the counter to get to room temp!)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done (an internal thermometer inserted into each reads 165F), remove it from the oven. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then chop into large chunks and place back into the dish.
- Top with tomatoes, olives, onions, and feta.
- Serve immediately.
- Skip feta cheese to reduce fat content and calories
- Use boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
- any oil would work but we prefer using avocado or olive oil