Flavorful Espresso Overnight Oats made with chia seeds, greek yogurt and topped with banana slices and mini chocolate chips is an easy make-ahead breakfast. This oatmeal recipe is super healthy and will keep you full and satisfied!
Espresso Overnight Oats is one of our new favorite healthy, meal-prep-friendly breakfast options. This overnight oats recipe is a way to make oatmeal with no cooking needed. Instead of heating up the oats on the stovetop or in the microwave, they soak with milk and a few other ingredients. As they absorb the liquid, they become soft, chewy, and delicious.
We have a variety of delicious flavor options, from Cookie Dough Overnight Oats to Banana Bread Overnight Oats. They are greatly enjoyed right out of the refrigerator or warm them up a bit in the microwave. The consistency is thick and creamy, like a porridge or pudding. You’re sure to love this convenient, satisfying meal!
Why you should make this recipe
- Quick and easy: This coffee-flavored oatmeal recipe comes together within minutes! After all of the ingredients have been mixed, place pre-portioned jars into the refrigerator overnight for a breakfast that’s ready to go in the morning.
- Delicious: The taste of espresso, naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup is absolutely incredible!
- Healthy: Old-fashioned rolled oats are high in fiber, protein, and complex carbs to keep you satiated all morning long. Plus, this recipe is filled with healthy fats from the chia seeds and extra protein from the Greek yogurt.
- Perfect for meal prep: Double the recipe and make these ahead of time, you’ll have breakfast covered for the next several days.
This espresso overnight oats recipe is filled with nutritious ingredients. These also make for a hearty breakfast, snack, or dessert with a good balance of fat, protein, and carbs. Here’s everything you’ll need to make them:
- Espresso coffee: You’ll need 2 shots of espresso coffee that have been cooled to give these overnight oats their signature flavor.
- Milk: We like to keep this recipe dairy free and use almond milk, but use any milk that you prefer.
- Sweetener: Add in just a bit of honey, maple syrup, or even agave to make these oats perfectly sweet.
- Chia seeds: To thicken up the oats for fabulous texture. They also add healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- Yogurt: Makes the oatmeal perfectly creamy! Use Greek yogurt for an extra protein boost or plant-based yogurt to keep this recipe vegan and dairy free.
- Rolled oats: For best results use old-fashioned rolled oats. Quick oats may be used in a pinch, but won’t get as thick and creamy. To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, make sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- Toppings: For extra flavor, add some sliced banana or mini chocolate chips over the top before serving.
How to make this recipe
This recipe could not be easier to make! Simply, stir, soak, and enjoy! Here’s the simple process:
- Mix wet ingredients: In a bowl, add the coffee, milk, honey or maple syrup, and yogurt. Mix until diluted and combined.
- Add the dry ingredients: Next, add the oats and chia seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Let chill in the fridge: Cover the bowl and store in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight. Divide into two servings and serve with the toppings of your choice.
- Rolled oats or quick oats work great, but we do not recommend using steel-cut oats, as the consistency will not be very good and the oats will be too hard.
- After soaking for about 2 hours, you will notice the oats start to thicken. They will thicken enough to enjoy after about 4 hours but are best enjoyed after chilling for 6 hours to overnight.
- To make this recipe vegan and dairy free, use plant-based milk, plant-based yogurt, and maple syrup for sweetener.
- Not a fan of cold oatmeal? You can actually serve overnight oats warmed up, too! Simply heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute or two, depending on how warm you like them. Once heated, give them a stir, and feel free to add a bit more milk.
Frequently asked questions
This recipe for espresso overnight oats is packed with great nutrition! The ratio of ingredients is a good balance of healthy fats, fiber, carbs, and protein. You will be full and satisfied for several hours.
Yes! There is nothing wrong with enjoying overnight oats every day. You can even use different mix-ins and toppings to change the flavor so that you never get bored.
To make the best overnight oats, be sure to have a good liquid-to-oats ratio, usually at least double the liquid per serving of oats, depending on the other ingredients used.
Espresso overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container or mason jars for up to 4 to 5 days. You’ll have a portable breakfast for on-the-go during busy weekdays! Before enjoying, to refresh them, give them a good stir and add another splash of milk.
More overnight oats recipes to try
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
- Healthy PB&J Overnight Oats Recipe
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
other recipes you may like
- Berries Cottage Cheese Icecream
- Oatmeal Cookie Dough Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Strawberry Muffin
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin
Also, If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Espresso Overnight Oats
For the Overnight Oats:
- ½ cup espresso coffee 2 shots, cooled
- ¼ cup almond milk or any milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup you may also use agave
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt
- 1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
- Greek yogurt
- Sliced bananas
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl add the coffee, milk, honey or maple syrup, and yogurt. Mix until diluted and combined.
- Next, add the oats and chia seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Cover the bowl and store in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight. Divide into two servings and serve with the toppings of your choice.
Leave A Reply