Delicious one-pan Marry Me Chicken Skillet made in just 30 minutes for a flavorful, low carb, high protein meal the whole family will love! Enjoy over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta with steamed veggies and dinner is served.
We love one-pan meals with easy clean-up, and this tasty Marry Me Chicken Skillet is a real crowd-pleaser and can be ready in just 30 minutes!
If you are looking for new, delicious ways to enjoy chicken breast, this seared chicken smothered in a creamy sauce is the recipe of your dreams. Not only is it bursting with incredible flavor, but it’s so quick and simple to make!
This creamy chicken breast recipe is also ideal for those who are looking for a low-carb meal and a keto-friendly diet recipe.
Why you should make this recipe
- Packed with flavor: Pan-seared chicken nestled in a rich, creamy sauce with sun-dried tomatoes is going to be your new favorite way to enjoy chicken.
- Easy weeknight dinner: This chicken skillet recipe is really easy to put together. Besides mincing the garlic and chopping the tomatoes, there’s minimal prep needed. Then, everything cooks in one skillet, making cleanup a breeze.
- Versatile: Serve as-is for a simple low-carb, protein-packed dinner. However, this dish pairs well with almost any carb, from mashed potatoes to pasta, and is also great with almost any type of veggie or fresh green salad.
This marry me chicken recipe uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. Here’s the lineup:
- Olive oil: For searing the chicken breasts in the skillet. Sub with avocado oil, if preferred.
- Chicken breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are lean and healthy, and become super juicy and flavorful when seared and then joined with the cream sauce.
- Salt & pepper: For extra flavor.
- Butter: To cook the minced garlic and add richness to the sauce. If you aren’t looking to make a keto-friendly meal, swap the butter with avocado oil
- Garlic: Adds lovely savory, garlic flavor to the dish.
- Broth: Helps to deglaze the pan and gives consistency to the sauce.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Balances the richness of the sauce with a sweet, tangy flavor.
- Oregano: The only seasoning needed for a bold herb taste.
- Heavy cream: The base of the sauce makes it perfectly smooth and silky. You may use lite coconut cream found usually in cans
- Fresh basil: The perfect finishing touch for a pop of color. Sub with fresh parsley, if you’d like.
How to make this creamy chicken recipe
- Cook the chicken: Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear until golden on both sides, around 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.
- Deglaze the pan: Melt the butter in the same preheated skillet. Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds, until it starts to release its fragrance. Add the broth and deglaze the pan by bubbling it for a couple of minutes while stirring through the bottom of the pan.
- Make the sauce: Add the sun-dried tomatoes and oregano and stir to combine and melt the flavors. Pour the heavy cream, little by little, stirring well after each addition to emulsify.
- Transfer the chicken to the skillet: Return the chicken to the pan and nestle it into the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil and remove from heat.
- For best results, we suggest using chicken breasts that are of a similar size, so that they cook at the same rate.
- Be sure to give the chicken space in the pan while searing it, you want it to brown nicely and not steam.
- Chicken breasts can vary in size, so it’s best to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness; the temperature should read 160 to 165 degrees F. We recommend removing it from the heat at 160ºF because it will continue to cook in the pan, even after being removed from the heat.
Frequently asked questions
Marry me chicken is a funny name, but with just one bite, you’ll know exactly why it is called this. It’s so good, you’ll want to marry anyone who serves it to you! The dish is typically made with chicken breasts that are smothered in a cream-based sauce that includes sun-dried tomatoes.
There are only 6 grams of carbs in one serving of this chicken recipe, making it a keto-friendly dinner option, especially when served with a green veggie or over mashed cauliflower. It’s also a good source of protein, with a whopping 27 grams.
There are under 370 calories in each serving of this chicken skillet.
This marry me chicken skillet is wonderful and served with many different side dishes. We typically enjoy it with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta to soak up the creamy sauce. For a lower-carb option, pair it with cauliflower rice. It’s quite rich, so any green veggies are a great balance. Try our roasted green beans, asparagus, or broccolini. A side salad would be perfect too! You could toss together a simple salad with kale, romaine lettuce, or a spring mix and a simple dressing of olive oil and fresh lemon juice or homemade ranch dressing.
Add any leftovers to an airtight container and place them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave until warmed through. We do not recommend freezing this dish.
More delicious chicken recipes
- Creamy Ranch Chicken Skillet
- Taco Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Lemon Chicken Breast
- Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Boneless BBQ Chicken Breast
- Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Breast
- Creamy Peri Peri Chicken
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below. Don’t forget to rate the recipe, too! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Marry Me Chicken Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts lightly pounded to an even thickness
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter or avocado oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or lite coconut cream in a can
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear until golden on both sides, around 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.
- Melt the butter in the same preheated skillet. Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds, until it starts to release its fragrance. Add the broth and deglaze the pan by bubbling it for a couple of minutes while stirring through the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and oregano and stir to combine and meld the flavors. Pour the heavy cream, little by little, stirring well after each addition to emulsify.
- Return the chicken to the pan and nestle into the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil and remove from heat.
Leave A Reply