This Easy Spicy Guacamole Recipe is creamy and has a rich and bold flavor. Made with fresh ingredients and is the perfect healthy snack or appetizer for a gathering. This Guacamole recipe is ready in about 10 minutes.
This Easy Spicy Guacamole Recipe will be a huge hit when you make it for your guests and family. If you have little ones you may want to skip adding the jalapenos. I love spicy food and I tend to love making everything spicy. But with little kids that can’t always work! This Guacamole Recipe has a rich and bold flavor.
Why this is so good
- A Classic Dip: This is such a popular dip, with a spicy twist!
- Easy: A vibrant and fresh party dip with a handful of ingredients, only 10 mins from the pantry to table.
- Healthy: Packed with nutrient-rich avocados and no artificial flavors – way better than store-bought.
- Avocados: Opt for large ripe ones.
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro adds a great flavor. But you can omit if you have cilantro haters!
- Onion: Red onions adds a touch of sweetness.
- Jalapeno: Adjust the amount for your level of spiciness, seeds will really add spice, or omit for a subtler level of spiciness.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed, as bottled has an artificial aftertaste.
- Garlic: Freshly minced gives the best flavor, but in a pinch, you can use garlic powder.
- Cumin: Adds a touch is a warmth.
- Olive oil: Adds some depth and body to the dip.
- Salt: To taste.
How to make this Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Prep: Remove skins and pits from avocado.
- Blend: In a food processor blend the avocado until smooth and add the other ingredients.
- Garnish: top with cilantro and a drizzle of olive oil.
Are avocados healthy for you?
The short answer is YES. There are many reasons why avocados are considered healthy and good for you to include in your diet. Some of their many benefits include but not limited to, improving digestion, protecting against cancer, and lowering your risk of depression. Avocados have healthy fats, nutrient-rich, and healthy for your heart because they have something called beta-sitosterol which helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Is it bad to eat an avocado every day?
Avocados are loaded with fiber, good fats, essential vitamins, and nutrients. Many research shows that it is safe and healthy to eat avocados every day. Its how much you eat per day that matters. It is recommended to consume about half to one avocado per day. Moderation is key when eating heart-healthy superfoods.
Even though I love this easy spicy guacamole recipe, I have also made some before with pomegranate arils and oh my god they were amazing! Here are some other ingredients you can add:
- Black bean and corn
- Parmesan and basil
- Sundried tomatoes
- Bacon and Cojita (or other crumbly cheese)
Recipe Notes and Tips
- You need ripe avocados. If you bring home still-firm avocados from your local grocery, leave them at room temperature until soft.
- For a smoother guac, process longer.
- If you prefer not to make this Guacamole using a blender, you can simply mash the avocados up using a fork for a chunkier Guacamole. Then, add the other recipes to the mashed avocados. Mix and serve.
- Keep from browning too quickly. Use Hass avocados, add lime to your guacamole, cover the finished mixture with plastic directly on its surface, and keep it cold–even when you serve.
- Taste and adjust! Add more salt and seasoning to your taste.
- If you are planning to add tomatoes and you’re looking for a good shortcut, buy some high-quality pico de gallo. It’ll save you from having to chop any vegetables and the flavors will be just about perfect!
Other delicious party food recipes
- Keto Deviled Eggs
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower
- Baked Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Baked Garlic Herb Zucchini Fritters
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Spicy Guacamole Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Spicy Cilantro Guacamole
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Bunch Cilantro about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2-1 Jalapeno
- Juice of one lime
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced) or 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Remove the skins and pits from the avocados and place them in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined for chunky guacamole.
- For smooth guacamole, continue blending.
- Once done, remove, place in a bowl and garnish with more cilantro and olive oil. Then serve and enjoy.