Roasted Pepper Hummus is a great snack option that is light and easy to make. My kids even love this healthier option versus the normal sweet snack after school.
Roasted Pepper Hummus
The best part about this Roasted Pepper Hummus is you can pair it up with your favorite vegetables or wheat pita bread strips for dipping. From start to finish this recipe should only take you about 16 minutes to make.
If you are making this for a gathering you are able to plan ahead. The Roasted Pepper Hummus keeps well for up to 4 days. Simply make the recipe and store in your refrigerator in an airtight container until you are ready to use it. Give it a quick mix before serving and you are good to go.
Make ahead appetizers and meals save so much time especially during busy evenings or holidays. Pack some for your kids lunches the next day with some fresh veggies!
Do you have a favorite Hummus recipe? Id love for you to share it with me in the comments below. Going to give this Roasted Pepper Hummus a try? Share your results too by tagging me on Instagram with #healthyfitnessmeals. I would love to feature your remakes.
A few other delicious recipes of mine to try:
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookie Skillet
- Keto Almond Butter Cups
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
Want to make this with an even better twist? Add some jalapenos to the mixture when you are blending it. I don’t do this often because my kids definitely can’t handle the heat. But it’s a hit when you are making this for some adult guests that come over. I love spicy food and I can’t wait for my kids to get older so I can cook more spicy meals.
How to make to make this Roasted Pepper Hummus:
Roasted Pepper Hummus
Homemade hummus that’s flavored with roasted red peppers. Serve with plenty of veggies and whole wheat pita bread for dipping.
- 15 ounce chickpeas Can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- the juice of 1 lemon more if desired
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers jarred or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garnishes pine nuts, herbs, olive oil,chopped bell peppers
- Place all ingredients except garnishes in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired.
- Serve with veggies and whole wheat pita bread. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.