Roasted Pepper Hummus is a great snack option that is light and easy to make. My kids even love this healthier option versus the normal sweet snack after school.
The best part about this Roasted Pepper Hummus is you can pair it up with your favorite vegetables or wheat pita bread strips for dipping. From start to finish this recipe should only take you about 16 minutes to make.
If you are making this for a gathering you are able to plan ahead. The Roasted Pepper Hummus keeps well for up to 4 days. Simply make the recipe and store in your refrigerator in an airtight container until you are ready to use it. Give it a quick mix before serving and you are good to go.
Make ahead appetizers and meals save so much time especially during busy evenings or holidays.
Roasted Pepper Hummus Recipe
Do you have a favorite Hummus recipe? Id love for you to share it with me in the comments below. Going to give this Roasted Pepper Hummus a try? Share your results too.
Roasted Pepper Hummus
- 15 ounce chickpeas Can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- the juice of 1 lemon more if desired
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers jarred or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garnishes pine nuts, herbs, olive oil,chopped bell peppers
- Place all ingredients except garnishes in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired.
- Serve with veggies and whole wheat pita bread. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.