This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe is a great snack option that is light and easy to make. Quick, healthy, and so much better than store-bought hummus.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
The best part about this Hummus recipe is the actual roasted red peppers added to it. Hummus is amazing because you can pair it up with your favorite vegetables or wheat pita bread strips for dipping. From start to finish this recipe should only take you about 16 minutes to make.
If you are making this for a gathering you are able to plan ahead. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe keeps well for up to 4 days. Simply make the recipe and store in your refrigerator in an airtight container until you are ready to use it. Give it a quick mix before serving and you are good to go.
Make-ahead appetizers and meals save so much time, especially during busy evenings or holidays. Pack some for your kids lunches the next day with some fresh veggies!
What goes good with roasted red pepper hummus?
Hummus tastes great with almost anything, especially if its the roasted red pepper kind. They are best served as an appetizer with cut-up veggies like cucumber, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower and so on. They are also great with pita chips or bread. Roasted red pepper hummus is also amazing as a side dish with some grilled chicken or topped over salad for some extra protein.
How do I roast red peppers in the oven?
My hummus recipe calls for either jarred roasted red peppers or fresh. You can roast your own fresh peppers. It’s very easy if you have the time and will taste so much better.
To make your own roasted red peppers:
- Cut red bell peppers into halves or quarts
- Remove the seeds and stems
- Place foil on a baking sheet pan and add the peppers cut side down
- Spray the red peppers with cooking spray with a dash of salt
- Place about 4 inches under the broiler
- Broil for about 15-20 minutes until the skin starts to get dark and the red peppers are wilted
- Remove and let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
Making this Hummus recipe?
Do you have a favorite Hummus recipe? I’d love for you to share it with me in the comments below. Going to give this Roasted Pepper Hummus a try? Share your results too by tagging me on Instagram with #healthyfitnessmeals. I would love to feature your remakes.
A few other delicious recipes of mine to try:
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookie Skillet
- Keto Almond Butter Cups
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
Want to make this with an even better twist? Add some jalapenos to the mixture when you are blending it. I don’t do this often because my kids definitely can’t handle the heat. But it’s a hit when you are making this for some adult guests that come over. I love spicy food and I can’t wait for my kids to get older so I can cook more spicy meals.
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:
Roasted Pepper Hummus
- 15 ounce chickpeas Can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- the juice of 1 lemon more if desired
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers jarred or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garnishes pine nuts, herbs, olive oil,chopped bell peppers
- Place all ingredients except garnishes in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired.
- Serve with veggies and whole wheat pita bread. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.