This easy Meal Prep Honey Sriracha Meatballs Recipe is so flavorful and easy to make. They have a sweet but tangy flavor to them and they make a perfect meal for lunch or dinner. These Meatballs are so moist and very delicious.
Easy Honey Sriracha Meatballs Recipe
This easy Meatball recipe is just perfect for those that love to prep their meals ahead. They are so easy to make, have a sweet and tangy flavor and ready in just about 30 minutes or so. The best part about this meatballs recipe is the fact that the meatballs and baked and not fried. If you don’t have any brown rice, feel free to use some quinoa instead. I love buying the precooked brown rice from Costco. Makes life much easier.
Why are meatballs tough?
Often times, meatballs don’t turn out as moist as you would like them to be. The reason being is that when you cook meatballs, the meat tends to shrink and makes it tough. It is best to add some sort of moisture like eggs and breadcrumbs to endure the meatballs don’t come out tough and rather moist and tender.
Why do my meatballs fall apart
You finally have an amazing meatball recipe but they sort of fall apart and you aren’t sure why. The reason this happens is that meatballs usually need some sort of binder to hold the meatballs together. Adding breadcrumbs help solve this problem. Just be sure not to add too many breadcrumbs.
Can I put raw meatballs in a sauce to cook
Most meatballs recipe calls for either frying or baking the meatballs. But you can defintelty cook raw meatballs in sauce. Especially if you are adding it to a crockpot that has sauce in it. Also, if you are using a saucepan, make sure you have enough sauce when you add the meatballs and cook over low heat so they simmer slowly. Avoid tossing the meatballs and allow them to cook through first.
This Easy Meal Prep Meatball recipe is by far one of my favorite meal prep meals. I hope you love it as much as I do and if you do, please take a moment and come back to rate it. I would love to get some feedback. Tag me on Instagram so I can see your remakes! That’s usually the highlight of my day!
More easy to make meal prep meals:
- Italian Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
- Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles
- Chicken Teriyaki Meal Prep Bowl
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Easy Meatball Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Meal Prep Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Panko Bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Green Onions to garnish
For the sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, ketchup, salt, and pepper, until well combined.
- Take a spoonful of mixture and shape it between your hands into a 1 and 1⁄2-inch meatball, then place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until is reduced and thick.
- Once cooked, remove meatballs from the oven and pour over the sauce. Toss to coat.
- To assemble the meal prep bowls, divide the cooked brown rice among 4 containers. Top with glazed meatballs, and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days and reheat just before serving. Enjoy!
Jennifer Webb says
So moist and flavorful
Hey, quick question, what is the serving size?
Hi. It all depends on the size of the meatballs and how many you make. I was able to make about 16 of them so it would be 4 meatballs
Made this for lunch prep this week and they’re such a hit! A little spicy for me but I think that’s due to me swapping out regular meatballs for veggie meatballs! For my husband the heat was just right so next time I’ll just reduce my sriracha a tad bit otherwise PHENOMENAL!
Just perfect! glad you both loved it. Veggie meatballs sound yummy.
Thanks for this recipe! We had it for dinner tonight and it was delicious!
Thank you Mary. So glad you guys loved it.
Hi, is the rice part of the nutrition facts or just the meatballs?
Hi. It included the brown rice
Alicia McCoubrie says
can you use normal breacrumbs if you dont have panko ?
Hi. Yes you can
Can I use a white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar?
yes you can
When do you mix in the breadcrumbs ? I think you forgot to include them in the directions 🙂
Hi there. you are right! We just fixed it. It does go in with the meat, eggs, and all the other ingredients.
Would 1/4 cup of sriracha not make this incredibly spicy?
Rena Awada says
For the whole meal no.But you can definitely use half the amount
Can I Replace the honey with maple syrup ?
Hi there. Yes you can
Would these work with ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Hi Cristina. Yes it will