If you haven’t tried the viral TikTok Baked feta and tomato pasta recipe yet then you must. It is so easy to make, so creamy, and finger licking good. A weeknight dinner staple and everyone on your dinner table will love it.
You must have heard of the sensational tomato and feta pasta recipe by now that first originated in Finland and became viral here in the US on TikTok over the summer. This baked Feta pasta recipe has been remade by millions all over the world and there have been many variations of it with the addition of some sort of protein or vegetable. Everyone just loves how simple it is to make this pasta recipe with just a handful of ingredients to make a delicious tasting dish that’s creamy and full of flavor. You simply bake the tomatoes, feta, and herbs in the oven for about 30 minutes and toss them in with the cooked pasta! How easy is that?
Why you will love this baked pasta
- Creamy and full of flavor: You will love how creamy this feta pasta recipe comes out. The feta cheese does the job and you wont need to add any cream! It comes out so delicious and flavorful.
- Easy to make: Part of what made this baked feta and tomato pasta recipe viral is how easy it is to make it with just a handful of simple ingredients. With only 5 minutes of prep time and 25-30 minutes of baking, you will have a delicious tasting pasta meal on your table for the family.
- Versatile dish: You cab keep this dish vegetarian and make it as is, or you can get as creative as you like by adding any protein of choice or veggies like spinach and mushrooms.
Ingredients, tips, and subtitutes
- Tomatoes: you can technically use any tomatoes but the best kind of tomatoes to use are cherry or graoe tomatoes. They are juicy, sweet, and perfect when baked.
- Garlic: The garlic gives a delcious aromatic flavor to the pasta. Highly recommed using fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder.
- Oil: Olive oil is used in making this baked tomato feta pasta. Other oils like avocado oil will do just fine.
- Seasonings: you will need salt, pepper and any other seasoning of choice like italian seasoning or dried oregano.
- Feta Cheese: The whole block of feta is preferred. Do not use crumbled feta. It simply wont come out creamy and the same. Other cheeses have been used instead of feta cheese if you arent a fan of feta. Try using goat cheese, burrata, and Boursin creamy cheese blocks.
- Pasta: Any pasta of your choice will work. Go for lentil or chickpea pasta for a healthier option.
- To garnish: We prefer garnishing with some fresh basil. Gives it a nice kick and flavor. Parsley is our next option for garnishing.
How to make this baked tomato and feta pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Combined the tomato, feta, and seasonings and bake: To a baking dish, add the tomatoes, garlic, and drizzle with ⅔ of the olive oil. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, Italian seasonings. Toss well to combine. Add the Feta cheese to the middle of the baking dish and drizzle with the remaining ⅓ of oil; Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta: Over the last 10 minutes, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions; Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Remove dish from oven: Once the tomatoes and feta are done cooking, remove them from the oven.
- Mash the tomatoes and feta: Move the dish while still hot and using a fork, mash the Feta cheese together with tomatoes. Mix well to obtain a creamy-thick sauce.
- Add the pasta: Next, Add the cooked pasta together with the pasta water and toss well to coat.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish with fresh minced parsley or basil and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
This baked feta pasta is rich and creamy enough and wont require any additions to make it “creamier”. In general, to make your pasta stay creamy or more creamy, you can simply add some milk. Runny sauce in pasta is fine because the pasta will absord the liquids over some time as it sits.
Absolutley. Make sure your properly store your creamy pasta in a sealed dish in the fridge. Once ready to eat, you can simple reheat it in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, or toss in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
You can store this baked feta pasta or any creamt pasta in the fridge for up to 5 days. It is best to store your creamy pasta in a glass or plastic container as opposed to metal containers.
Yes! you can add any protein of choice to your baked feta tomato pasta recipe. Either add the protein already cooked when you add in the pasta, or cook it in with the tomatoes and feta. You can get very creative with this dish when it comes to which protein you would like to add. Chicken and Shrimp make for a perfect addition. We have a baked feta pasta with shrimp recipe that you can check out.
More easy pasta recipes to check out
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Mexican Chipotle Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Asparagus Chicken Pasta
- Southwest Pasta Salad
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Baked Tomato Feta Pasta
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz block Feta cheese
- 10 oz pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or basil finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- To a baking dish, add the tomatoes, garlic, and drizzle with ⅔ of the olive oil. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, Italian seasonings. Toss well to combine.
- Add the Feta cheese to the middle of the baking dish and drizzle with the remaining ⅓ of oil; Bake for 30 minutes.
- Over the last 10 minutes, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions; Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Once the tomatoes and feta are done cooking, remove them from the oven.
- Move while still hot and, using a fork, mash the Feta cheese together with tomatoes. Mix well to obtain a creamy-thick sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta together with the pasta water and toss well to coat.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley or basil and enjoy!
- use cherry tomatoes
- any pasta of choice will work
- use fresh garlic if you can as opposed to garlic powder
- do try to use fresh basil to garnish
- any oil will work in place of olive oil
- do not overcook the pasta and don’t forget to reserve some pasta water before draining.
- do not use crumbles feta in place of a whole block of feta. if you don’t like feta cheese you can use other creamy cheese like goat cheese, burrata, or Boursin cheese.
- store leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days