These low carb Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe are super fun and easy to put together and have some meals ready for a few days. This meal is nourishing, gluten-free, paleo, keto-friendly, and ready in about 30 minutes.
Often times it’s hard to stick to a low carb diet. We start carving noodles. Not sure about you but i do! This Low Carb Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe is just perfect for those days where you crazy noodles and meatballs. Same great taste and it’s a winner that the whole family can enjoy. You may have to double up on this recipe because if you have kids they will want to have some too!
If you are interested in more meal prep recipes, why not try my zesty Garlic Lime Shrimp Meal Prep With Cilantro Lime Rice or this delicious Beef Burrito Meal Prep Bowl.
Why this is so good
- Perfect For Meal Prep: You can make these ahead of time and in batches, perfect for planning out your week.
- Delicious: Succulent turkey meatballs that are perfectly seasoned, smothered in a delicious marinara sauce.
- Healthy: The meatballs are lean (and delicious!), the sauce is light and the zoodles are carb-free. Plus gluten-free, paleo, keto-friendly.
- Zucchini: Spiralized into zoodles.
- Marinara Sauce: Use your favorite brand.
- Cheese: I used Parmesan, it works great with the marinara.
- Garnish: Freshly chopped parsley.
For the meatballs
- Ground Turkey: You can use lean turkey.
- Egg: Ideally organic/free-range.
- Seasoning mix: Italian, use your favorite brand.
- Chili flakes: For a touch of heat.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste
How to make this Zoodle Recipe
- Prep: First, mix the meatball ingredients until well combined, then roll into balls. For the zoodles, use a spiralizer on 4 large zucchinis.
- Cook: Then, place the meatballs on a baking tray and cook for around 15 mins.
- Assemble: Finally, divide the zoodles and meatballs into containers and top with the sauce.
What are Zoodles?
Zoodles are simply zucchini that has been spiralized and cooked. Some people call them zoodles.
By spiralized, I mean to cut into thin strips, forming long spiral strands. This turns them into a noodle shape, they are are great low carb alternative to pasta – so good!
How long does this Zoodle Recipe last in the fridge
Most meal prep recipe meals are good in the fridge for 3-5 days. Some will even be ok for 7 days. Depending on the meal. If making a huge batch of meals, I suggest you place meals for about 3 days and freeze the rest and just reheat when ready. This Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe is good for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze this meal?
You can definitely freeze your meal prep meals. If making a huge batch you can leave 3 days worth in the fridge and freeze the rest and just reheat. I do not suggest you freeze this Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe thought. Also, the zoodles might come out a bit soggy.
Benefits of meal prep
Meal prepping is the key to meet your fitness goals. It’s all about planning, preparing, and packing your meals and ready to go ahead of time. This will ensure that you stick to portion control and don’t skip meals. No one plans to fail but you can easily fail to plan!
Recipe Notes and Tips
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne cutter or a knife, but this is a bit time-consuming. There are lots of great spiralizers out there for different price points.
- Make sure the zucchini is centered on the spiralizer. That way, you’ll end up with more of the “best” zucchini noodles, which are the ones that include the edges and skin.
- What to do with the core? No need to waste, toss it in a stir fry!
- Adjust the level of chili flakes if you want more or less spice.
- Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
- Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- Bang Bang Shrimp Zoodles
- Low carb Turkey Burgers With Zoodles
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe
- 4 medium Zucchini spiralized
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Freshly chopped parsley to garnish
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/4 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Flakes
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all meatballs ingredients and stir until well combined. Take spoonfuls of the mixture add roll it between your palms to create the meatballs.
- Place meatballs into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown on the sides.
- Divide the zoodles among 4 meal prep containers. Top with marinara sauce, meatballs, parmesan and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Before serving reheat and enjoy!