These Buffalo Chicken Tacos are a delicious and addictive addition to taco night! Made with perfectly seasoned Rotisserie Chicken, and loaded with tasty toppings, this easy taco recipe is a real crowd pleaser! Ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!
Buffalo Chicken is delicious and tacos are awesome, so why not combine the two! Easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos are a great weeknight treat. Simple to make with an addictive sweet/ spicy/tangy buffalo chicken mix. You can layer on all your favorite toppings, like sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, and avocados. So good!
This is an easy main dish that tastes fresh but still packs a spicy punch! Buffalo Chicken is so popular for a reason and versatile. Be sure to check out my other buffalo recipes, like meatballs, chicken salad, or go vegetarian with cauliflower bites. But for now, let’s go taco!
Why this recipe is so good!
- Easy: this is really simple to pull together, with minimal prep and only a few ingredients needed. Perfect for busy weeknights!
- Healthy: shredded chicken with whole wheat tortillas, loaded with veggies like avocado and tomatoes. These tacos provide a great protein punch and they contain no added refined sugar.
- Customizable: add all your favorite toppings, keep everyone happy!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Chicken: I used rotisserie chicken, it’s perfectly succulent and makes the recipe even simpler.
- Tortillas: I used wholewheat tortillas, to keep things healthier.
- Buffalo Sauce: I make my own: tomato puree, hot sauce, honey, olive oil, and garlic. If pressed for time, you can use store-bought.
- Toppings: Use all your favorite toppings. I like avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, and lime wedges.
How to make these Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Make The Sauce: In a pan, cook garlic, then stir in the tomato puree and hot sauce; whisk well and let simmer on low for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside
- Mix: Add the shredded rotisserie chicken to the sauce and add the honey.
- Cook: In a pan, fry the tortillas.
- Combine: Put the buffalo chicken mix into the tortillas and layer on your toppings
Best chicken for these tacos
The filling for these tacos starts with cooked, shredded chicken. You can use rotisserie chicken, chicken that’s been cooked in the slow cooker, or leftover chicken. Whatever cooked chicken you have on hand will work. The chicken is tossed in a homemade buffalo sauce, then it’s ready to be layered into tacos.
A delicious buffalo sauce
Buffalo sauce is made with hot sauce, olive oil, garlic, and honey. It is a wonderful tangy, spicy, sweet flavor, utterly addictive! You can use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for the most authentic flavor. The honey serves to temper the acidity and heat of the hot sauce.
Can you make these ahead of time?
Yes! You can whip up the buffalo sauce ahead of time, cover and keep in the fridge, then add in the chicken before serving. This buffalo chicken also makes great leftovers. You can make a double batch so that everyone can have tacos for lunch the next day. Any leftover meat can also be used in sandwiches, as a pizza topping, or on a salad!
Recipe Notes and Tips
- You can use rotisserie chicken for extra ease, but feel free to cook up and shred the chicken breast. You can poach them, use an instant pot or oven bake.
- Keep a quarter-inch border of open tortilla around the taco, that way the contents won’t spill out.
- Keep the cilantro stems. Cilantro complete with the stems gives the taco a zesty punch of flavor.
- Add something crunchy! Shredded Cabbage, Sliced Radish, crisp white onion. A good taco is a symphony of textures, make sure you don’t leave out the crunch!
More easy chicken recipes
- Easy Chicken Avocado Corn Salad
- Keto Chicken Fajita Wraps
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Easy Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes – like this Buffalo Chicken tacos recipe – delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 2 cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 12 Small whole wheat Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Tomato puree
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 2 Ripe Medium Avocados sliced
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 2-3 Spring Onions sliced
- Grated Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Start by preparing a sauce. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in the tomato puree and hot sauce; whisk well and let simmer on low for about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken and shred it using two forks.
- Once the sauce is slightly thickened, remove from the heat add honey and shredded chicken, mix until well combined.
- In a clean fry pan heat tortillas over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly warm.
- Add a generous amount of buffalo chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, tomato, and onions.
- Crumble the blue cheese and grated cheese on top.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Use any other meat like ground turkey or shrimp
- Make your own shredded chicken
- You may use your favorite tortilla
- Be creative with your toppings