If you have been searching for a spicy yet healthy meal, get excited because the ultimate Buffalo Chicken Salad is here. You have just hit the Buffalo Chicken jackpot.
Once you try this Buffalo Chicken Salad it will be one of your favorite salad recipe. A bed of leafy green lettuce that helps you get those essential nutrients and it also creates the perfect base for your meal. Tender cut up pieces of chicken, smothered in your this tangy buffalo sauce, set on top a bowl full of greens. Add a few other colorful crunchy vegetables and avocados on top of the salad for the perfect combination of textures and flavors to make your taste buds shout in excitement.
This Buffalo Chicken Salad can be served as a lunch or dinner option. The amazing flavor of the saucy chicken will make it feel like you are not even eating salad at all! Let’s get to making these amazing Buffalo Chicken Salad, shall we?
Making this Buffalo Chicken Salad? Please share it on social media if you like it.
Crave Salads? Try my POMEGRANATE CHICKEN SALAD
How to make this Buffalo Chicken Salad:
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce or more to taste
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup reduced fat prepared blue cheese or ranch dressing alternatively, you can make a simple vinaigrette by whisking together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey and salt and pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the romaine lettuce in a bowl and toss with dressing. Arrange the celery, carrots, tomatoes, avocado and blue cheese on top of the lettuce.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and toss with buffalo sauce to coat. Add more buffalo sauce if you prefer a spicier chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the salad and serve.