These Healthy Zucchini Muffins are lightened up with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt and loaded with protein. They are easy to make, moist and fluffy. Enjoy this Guilt-free healthy muffin recipe without sacrificing flavor!
Healthy Zucchini Muffins
These no guilt Healthy Zucchini Muffins are so moist and simple to put together. They taste so good and my kids couldn’t even tell they had zucchini in them the first time we baked them. We use Whole Wheat flour, and I sometimes use half/half brown sugar and coconut sugar. You can really just use what you have handy. Brown or cane sugar works just fine.
If you want to make these muffins gluten-free, just use gluten-free flour. If you don’t want to add any protein to this Healthy Zucchini Muffins recipe that’s fine as well. I just love the added protein on some of my dessert recipes.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Once zucchini is grated, allow it to sit on a piece of towel or paper towel to drain. Then squeeze all the water out.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
In another medium bowl, mix together the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined – do not overmix.
Fold in the grated zucchini. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners.
Divide the batter among the 12 cups. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack. Enjoy!
HOW TO ADD ZUCCHINI TO MUFFINS
Add the zucchini after the batter is mixed together and ready. This should be the final step. It is best to allow the grated zucchini to sit for about 10 minutes to allow the water to drain out. You can squeeze out excess water using a paper towel or cloth.
HOW LONG DO I BAKE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
Most zucchini muffins should take about 18-20 minutes. This is why it’s important to drain the water off the zucchini so it doesn’t get too watery and soggy. Always check with a toothpick for doneness.
HOW TO SHRED ZUCCHINI FOR MUFFINS
Shredding zucchini for baking is quite easy. Follow these easy and simple steps
- Wash and trim zucchini
- If you don’t want to use the peel you can peel the zucchini before you start shredding.
- Place a large box cheese grater over a cutting board.
- Tip the grater slightly and start grating the zucchini. Starting at the tip and shred all the way down.
- Transfer to a bowl thats already lined with a paper towel. Allow to sit and drain excess water. Squeeze paper towel if necessary.
If you love this Healthy Zucchini Muffins recipe as much as we do I would love to hear about it in the comments below. If you like to add some nuts like walnuts to this recipe you could!
I also have a few other dessert recipes you might like to try out:
- No-Bake Brownie Protein Bites
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Almond Butter Fudge
- The BEST No-Bake Protein Energy Bites
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free recipes like these Healthy Zucchini Muffins and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Healthy Zucchini Muffins Recipe Below:
Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- 2 Cups White whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar or low-calorie sweetener equivalent
- 1 5.3 ounces Container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Finely grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined - do not over mix.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.