By the time you finish reading this, you will be an expert on how to make your very own homemade vegetable beef soup recipe. Super easy to make, so hearty and filling, so tasty, and so comforting. Made with chunks of meat and all your favorite veggies.
If you love beef stew, then this homemade vegetable beef soup recipe is right up your alley. The best beef soup you will ever have! There are different ways you can make this recipe whether you choose to make it in a slow cooker or stovetop, the process is super easy and you will have dinner on the table in no time!
How to make this Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
There are different ways of making this vegetable beef soup recipe. You can make it on a stovetop, slow cooker or crockpot, or an instant pot. The technique is mostly similar so I will be showing you how to make it on stovetop and slow cooker.
A great way to make your vegetable beef soup ahead and let it slow cook while you grab the kids from school or rush them to their activities and come back to dinner ready to be served! This is what you need and what you should do:
- Beef: Since you are using a slow cooker, no need to spend too much money on expensive meat. Chuck Roast will work just fine. Brown or cook the beef in a skillet to give it some extra flavor, cut it up and at it into the slow cooker. This is optional but really recommended for the best flavor.
- Vegetables: Dig up those veggies in your fridge and its time to use them up. Add in your favorite veggies. I recommend using fresh or frozen veggies.
- Broth: Beef or veggie broth would work great. You could always use water if you don’t have any broth and add in some spices for flavor.
- Sauce Base: Tomato sauce works best for a nice tomato base for this homemade vegetable beef soup. Don’t have tomato sauce, you can use some paste.
- Cook: once everything is added into the slow cooker, add in some salt and pepper and then close it. Let is cook on low for 7-8 hours until everything is tender and juicy!
This method works great for some. It’s quite easy to make this homemade vegetable beef soup right on your stovetop and not have to worry about a slow cooker or instant pot. Believe or not some people just can’t be bothered using a slow cooker or instant pot.
I will keep this short and sweet! Or if you need the step by step scroll to the recipe card below.
- Get the meat ready by browning it right in the pot you will be using for a few minutes.
- Add everything else in. Literally, this will still work. Very easy!
- Bring to boil, cover the pot and allow to cook on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Ready to serve dinner!
WHAT CUT OF BEEF IS BEST FOR SOUP
The best cuts of meat to use for any soup would be chuck roast or sirloin steak. They always result in tender juicy meat when cooked in soups. Chuck roast can be a bit tough to cook and needs time to get it tender so it is best to use it when you are using a slow cooker to cook your beef soup recipe. But the result is tender flaky melt in your mouth beef!
WHAT IS GOOD WITH VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
For a more filling soup, you can add some pre-cooked rice to your homemade vegetable beef soup. There are other great options for you:
- Sourdough bread or cornbread
- Dinner rolls
- Grilled Cheese
- Side of salad
- Appetizers like mini pizza bites
CAN YOU FREEZE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
Absolutely. If you have leftovers, you can either store in a big and tightly sealed container to freeze or divide it up into smaller containers. Remove from the freezer when ready to eat and either allow to thaw in the fridge a night before or defrost in the microvae a bit before reheating on your stovetop. Frozen beef soup should last up until 6 months.
HOW DO YOU THICKEN VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
The easiest way to thicken your homemade vegetable beef soup is to use some sort of flour. Use about 1-2 tablespoons of any flour you have handy, white or wheat. Mix or dissolve in about 1/2 cup of cold water and pour it into the soup. This will allow the soup to thicken as it bowls for another 5-10 minutes.
Homemade Vegetable Soup Feedback
Your feedback is always welcome and important to me. I would love to know what you thought of this easy beef soup recipe. Please leave me a comment below and if you liked it dont forget to give it a 5-star rating.
If you love soup, try these other easy soup recipes:
- Vegan Spicy Thai Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
- Healthy Summer Corn Chowder
- Easy Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Vegetable Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Italian Chicken And Bean Soup
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Homemade vegetable beef soup recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak cut into about 1′′ cubes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots peeled and sliced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Large Potatoes diced into small pieces
- 6 Cups Low sodium beef stock
- 1 14oz Can Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 1 14oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Cup Chopped green beans fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Corn fresh or frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add cubed steak and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté for about 4-5 minutes, or until veggies soften.
- Stir in potatoes, Italian seasoning, broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes and beef are tender.
- Add green beans and corn, and cook for a couple of minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, and pour into bowls.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Beef: other substitutes could be chicken breast or ground beef.
- Vegetable: use any of your favorite vegetables
- Stock: Beef, chicken or veggie will work
- Tomato: Paste or sauce