With fall right around the corner, this Homemade roasted tomato soup will be your perfect bowl of comfort on your dinner table. An easy vegan soup recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
This Vegan tomato soup recipe is going to be your new favorite weeknight meal. It just a perfect bowl of comfort that’s bursting with flavors. It’s the healthier version of your classic tomato soup with no added cream or sugar. Made with comforting and feel-good heart-healthy ingredients.
So much richness in this homemade tomato soup. It’s packed with sweet roasted tomatoes. Now you know what to do with all the extra tomatoes you have in your fridge. Or if you are like me and you like to grow lots of tomatoes in the summer its time to stock up on all that fresh tomatoes and make a huge batch of this Soup.
This Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup is great to have as is on its own or you can pair it with grilled cheese for the kids. You can also serve it with some whole wheat croutons or bread. My kids love this soup recipe so much that they go for seconds and thirds.
Making this roasted Vegan tomato soup?
I would love to hear about what you think of this Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup if you do make it. Tag me on Instagram and also pin this recipe and share it.
Want more soup recipe? Here are a few you can check out:
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
- Crockpot Lentil and Mushroom Soup
- Italian Chicken and Bean soup
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Chicken Chili Tortilla soup
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make This Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe:
Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 lbs Ripe tomatoes cut in half
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 3 Shallots (Purple Onions) peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 Tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups Organic or homemade vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sprigs of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up in a large roasting tray together with garlic and shallots.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano, paprika and season generously with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until the tomatoes are soft and sticky.
- Once veggies are done roasting, place them into a large pan, and pour in the stock.
- Roughly chop and add the basil stalks with most of the leaves. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes
- Add in balsamic vinegar, then blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Such a yummy and easy recipe!! It went really well with sourdough vegan grilled cheese sandwiches!!
I made some slight modifications: I tossed everything in the blender right out of the oven (since I don’t have a hand blender), and then sauteed in a pot for a bit. I also used half veg broth & half oat milk to make it a little creamy. I also drizzled olive oil on each individual portion. It was very little prep-work and WAY better than canned soup. This recipe has earned a permanent spot in my cookbook binder!
Thanks for such amazing feedback. You are the best!