Shrimp Pad Thai – A classic Thai recipe that’s easy to make, made with fresh ingredients, and ready in just under 30 minutes. Better than takeout this pad thai recipe is light and super flavorful.
Easy Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
In just about 30 minutes or less, you can make this amazing Shrimp pad thai recipe. This easy pad thai recipe is made from scratch using fresh ingredients. It tastes better than takeout and can be made with either shrimp, chicken, steak or tofu. It is a flavorful, hearty and approachable pad thai recipe and anyone can make and the whole family can enjoy.
What does pad thai taste like?
Pad thai has the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and sour flavor. The fish sauce gives it its unique taste.
What is pad thai sauce made of?
Pad thai sauce recipes vary but are usually made of fish sauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar, and garlic. My pad thai sauce recipe has a little twist to it because I just couldn’t find tamarind sauce but tastes just as amazing.
Is pad thai spicy?
Some pad thai recipes will be spicy or moderately spicy. Similarly, when people hear Thai food they automatically think spicy and hot. This shrimp pad thai recipe doesn’t have any chilis so it is not spicy. So, skip the chilis for mild-tasting thai food recipes.
How long is pad thai good for?
This Pad thai recipe should keep well in a container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Making this Shrimp Pad Thai recipe?
I would love some feedback on this shrimp pad thai if you plan on making it. Please take a moment to rate my recipes and leave me your feedback in the comments below. Also, please tag me on Instagram so I can see your remakes and share them on my stories.
Here are a few other easy recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Chili Salmon Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce Recipe
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Mexican Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Baked Cashew Chicken and Veggies
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Shrimp Pad Thai
- 8 oz Pad thai noodles
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Amino or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- ¼ Cup Fresh lime juice plus wedges for serving
- 3 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 Large Shallots sliced
- 3 Large Garlic cloves minced
- 12 oz Shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 4 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
- ¼ Cup Peanuts chopped
- Handful bean sprouts, for garnish
- Place noodles in a large bowl of hot water to soak, about 5-8 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer the noodles to a colander and drain tossing to get rid of any excess water. While noodles soak, mix together coconut amino (or soy sauce), fish sauce, coconut sugar, and lime juice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of avocado oil. Add shallots, garlic, and cook over high heat, stirring until lightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Add the pad thai noodles and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and stir occasionally, until they begin to curl and turn pink about 2 minutes.
- Add scallions and cilantro and toss everything together. Pour in the fish sauce mixture and cook until the noodles are evenly coated, about 2- 3 minutes.
- Transfer pad thai to a large plate. Top with peanuts and garnish bean sprouts. Serve with lime wedges.