This easy Shrimp Salad Recipe is filling and full of all the Mexican flavors you crave. Take your salad recipes to the next level over the top salad recipe. Tossed in with an amazing cilantro lime dressing.
Easy Mexican Shrimp Salad Recipe
Take your salad recipe to a whole new level with this Mexican Shrimp Salad. Say goodbye to that old boring salad you used to make and say hello to this fabulous meal. The simplicity of the creation is also welcomed. No one likes to spend hours in the kitchen chopping and mixing. This cilantro lime dressing for this Mexican Salad brings all the best flavors of this recipe.
What goes with shrimp salad
The question is what the theme of your shrimp salad recipe? Is it Italian, Asian, or Mexican? That will help determine what will go on your shrimp salad. For a Mexican theme, you will add more Mexican flavors. Like the bean and corn salsa, I added to this Mexican Shrimp Salad. Also, adding avocados will be key for a Mexican salad. Go with the theme, pick out your favorite veggies, decide on which cheese to add and you will make your amazing salad bowl.
Making this easy Mexican Shrimp Salad? I would love to know what your thoughts are. Leave me a comment below and if you happen to take a picture of your creation, please tag me on Instagram so I can see it.
More recipes to check out if you have another minute to spare:
- Asian Chicken Cups Recipe
- Greek Quinoa Salad Bowls
- Loaded Harvest Quinoa Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Mexican Shrimp Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Mexican Shrimp Salad
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil divided use
- 2 tablespoons lime juice divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro divided use
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed greens
For the dressing:
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
For the black bean salsa:
- In a small bowl combine the black beans, corn, tomato, remaining cilantro and remaining tablespoon of lime juice. Season with salt and mix together.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive in a large pan over high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Place the shrimp in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
To assemble the salad:
- Place the greens in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Place the shrimp, black bean salsa and avocado on top of the greens and serve.