These Steak Kabobs are soaked in a delicious and simple marinade and then grilled to perfection. Then top with some chopped parsley and enjoy a juicy, tender, and tasty kabob with friends and family.
Easy and Flavorful Pepper Steak Kabobs
Kabobs are perfect for a quick meal, they are rich in flavor. You can cook steak kabobs in the oven or on the grill. They truly make the perfect summer meal on the grill. Grilling them with peppers gives them flavor boost we all love with grilled meat so it isn’t so bland. This Pepper Steak Kabobs recipe is a great recipe for entertaining or for an everyday meal right at home.
What kind of meat do you use for kabobs?
The best beef or meat to use for kabobs is honestly fillet mignon. They are the most tender and leanest and usually do not require marinating or a meat tenderizer. Fillets are best grilled medium or medium rare. They are usually costly, so for a more budget-friendly option, you can use rib-eyes or top sirloins, especially if you prefer your kabobs to be more on the medium well side. Top sirloins when cooked right will come out very tender, but the key is to marinade ahead. Make your marinade a bit more on the acidic side so it naturally tenderizes your steak.
Is Stew Meat good for kabobs?
Stew meat is not the best choice for kabobs. They have quite a bit of connective tissue and tends to be tougher which makes it a poor choice for grilling. The connective tissues need quite a bit of cooking to make them tender and grilling is a much faster process than when you are making a stew. Like I mentioned earlier, go with fillet or top sirloin when making steak kabobs.
What goes with kabobs?
The question here should actually be what doesn’t go with kabobs? Steak kabobs pairs well with everything pretty much. You can serve them with all kinds of grilled veggies of choice, baked or grilled potatoes, sweet potato fries, side of rice and salad, or any of your favorite side dishes. Scroll below and I will link a few side dishes you can have your steak kabobs with.
Tag me on Instagram when you make these Steak kabobs. I would love to see your remake. Also, Leave me a comment below if you liked this recipe and give it a rating. That would be awesome if you take a moment and come back and rate my recipes. I always love feedback.
As promised, here are a few side dish recipes that would taste great with this Steak Kabob recipe:
- Easy Maple Roasted Carrots
- Green Beans and Tomato Salad
- Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn
- Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Finally, Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to receive these amazing recipes right to your inbox.
Pepper Steak Kabobs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean steak such as beef tenderloin, sirloin or New York Strip, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups diced colored bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place the soy sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, pepper and olive oil in a resealable bag; seal and shake to combine ingredients.
- Place the beef in the marinade; refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium heat.
- Place the beef cubes and peppers in an alternating pattern on wood skewers.
- Place on grill and grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until meat is at medium (pink when cut open).
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.