There’s so much flavor in this Healthy Chicken Quinoa Bowl. Packed with good protein and feel-good ingredients that make the ultimate dinner recipe and made with quinoa instead of rice. They are so easy to put together are perfect for those who like to meal prep and always on the go.
Loaded Healthy Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
We love this Healthy Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl. You can call this a Chicken Burrito Bowl! Bowls are a great way to explore new foods. This meal can be whipped up in no time, right in your own kitchen. Plus, you can’t go wrong when you mix chicken and quinoa together and give it a Mexican flair.
If you’re looking for something different to feed the family or your friends, then you need this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe in your life. Flavorful, zesty, and easy to make are all ways to describe this dish.
Get out your favorite Mexican themed plates because you’re going to have fun serving this dish to the family. Memorize this recipe because everyone is going to be asking you “how” you made something so delicious. This Healthy Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe is a guilt-free way to enjoy Mexican food any night of the week. They are also perfect for those that like to prep their meals ahead.
Is a burrito bowl healthy
The question is what goes in your burrito bowl? How did you make it? Depending on the ingredients you used will determine whether your burrito bowl is healthy. Go for healthier options when making your burrito bowl. Like this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe, you can use quinoa instead of rice for example. Go with grilled veggies and load it up with grilled chicken. Typically burrito bowls are healthy if you reduce the number of carbs that go into it.
Is Quinoa good for meal prep
Quinoa is PERFECT for those who meal prep. It is a great alternative to rice and can be eaten either cold or warm. Quinoa can be reheated in the microwave.
What do you serve with quinoa
Quinoa is so versatile and we love cooking with it. Whenever any recipe calls for rice you may swap it with quinoa for a healthier option. Here are a few other things you can make or serve with quinoa:
- add to salads. Checkout this Tabbouleh Quinoa Salad
- use them in stews and soups
- make bean or veggie burger patties with them
- use them in stuffed peppers
- include them in veggie bowls
Make this Easy and healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl and let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Also if you happen to snap a picture of this I would love to see it and repost it on my Instagram stories.
Some recipes that have quinoa:
More healthy recipes to check out for later:
- Easy Lemon Asparagus Shrimp Recipe
- Mango Black Bean Salad Recipe
- Pomegranate Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Loaded Harvest Quinoa Salad
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Chicken Quinoa bowl Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- 2 Cups Sliced bell peppers
- 1 Cup Thinly sliced onion
- 3 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Corn kernels
- ½ Cup Salsa
- ¼ Cup Light sour cream
For the chicken:
- 1 pound thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil divided use
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- To prepare the chicken marinade, pour the lime juice,3 tablespoons olive oil and water in a large resealable bag. Add the honey, salt, cumin, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder and chili powder to the bag.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in the fridge - marinate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- In a large pan, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender and slightly charred. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the peppers and onions from the pan; place them on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel then remove chicken from the marinade and add it to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Divide the quinoa evenly between four bowls. Top the quinoa with the chicken, vegetables, black beans, corn, salsa, and sour cream, then serve.
- You can use rice in place of quinoa
- Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.