We love every kind of Mexican food at our house. Theres so much flavor in this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl
MEXICAN CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
We love this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl. Bowls are a great way to explore new foods. This meal can be whipped up in no time, right in your own kitchen. Plus, you can’t go wrong when you mix chicken and quinoa together and give it a Mexican flair. If you’re looking for something different to feed the family or your friends, then you need this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl recipe in your life. Flavorful, zesty, and easy to make are all ways to describe this dish.
Get out your favorite Mexican themed plates because you’re going to have fun serving this dish to the family. Memorize this recipe because everyone is going to be asking you “how” you made something so delicious. These Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowls are a guilt-free way to enjoy Mexican food any night of the week.
Make this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Try this other popular dish with quinoa: BARBECUE CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
How to make this Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl:
Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Mexican spiced chicken and veggies with a variety of fun toppings, all served over quinoa.
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup light sour cream
For the chicken:
- 1 pound thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil divided use
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- To prepare the chicken marinade, pour the lime juice,3 tablespoons olive oil and water in a large resealable bag. Add the honey, salt, cumin, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder and chili powder to the bag.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge - marinate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- In a large pan, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender and slightly charred. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the peppers and onions from the pan; place them on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel then remove chicken from the marinade and add it to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Divide the quinoa evenly between four bowls. Top the quinoa with the chicken, vegetables, black beans, corn, salsa and sour cream, then serve.
- You can use rice in place of quinoa