This Orange Cranberry Bread is a soft and savory healthy bread recipe that’s perfect for the holidays. It is quick, simple, and super moist bread that’s studded with fresh cranberries and makes for an impressive hostess gift.
This Healthy Cranberry Bread recipe is so delicious and a great way to use up any leftover cranberries. Serve it as a snack, breakfast, or dessert. Full of cranberry and orange flavor, everyone will enjoy this moist and tasty treat. They are gluten-free and perfect for fall and cranberry season. It has a unique sweet and tart flavor that comes together perfectly.
How to make Cranberry Orange Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, and salt.
In another mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix at high speed with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
Now, add in the flour mixture and beat until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add cranberries, gently fold to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 min or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: This moist cranberry orange bread was made without orange juice. If you would like to add some, you may add about 1/2 a cup but you would have to add another 1/4 cup of oat or gluten-free flour.
Does Cranberry Bread need to be refrigerated
Cranberry bread can be left on the counter at room temperate for the first 2 days. Just cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. After the initial two days, it’s best to store your leftover cranberry bread tightly wrapped or in a container in the fridge. The cranberry can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days. Simply reheat in the microwave if needed.
Can you substitute dried cranberries for fresh
The beauty of making cranberry bread is that you can use any cranberries you have on hand. You may use fresh, frozen or dried cranberries.
Do you have to cook cranberries before baking
No. You don’t have to cook cranberries before baking. Cranberries will give the bread, muffins, or whatever you are baking that tart and juicy flavor.
How long do fresh cranberries last
If refrigerated, fresh cranberries will last 3-4 weeks in their original packaging or a Ziploc bag. Fresh cranberries can be frozen for up to 1 year.
Can you freeze cranberry bread
Tightly wrap or place your cranberry bread in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to use, let it thaw in the fridge the night before and then slice and reheat as needed.
We love to get some feedback from you. If you try Orange Cranberry bread or any recipe from HealthyFitnessMeals, leave us your feedback on the comments below. Also, don’t forget to rate it and share it on your social media with your friends and family.
Also, if you happen to take a snapshot of any of your creations, use the #healthfitnessmeals hashtag to get featured across our social media platforms.
Here are a few other healthy and easy bread recipes to try:
- Healthy Apple Pecan Cinnamon Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin bread
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil melted
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1½ Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1¼ Cup Oat Flour
- 1¼ Cup Gluten-free Flour Mix
- 1½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest,
vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Mix at high speed with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Now, add in the flour mixture and beat until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add cranberries, gently fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 min or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Use a preheated oven.
- To check doneness, use a knife inserted in the center, if it comes out clean, the Cranberry Orange Bread is ready.
- This bread was made without orange juice. If you would like to add some, you may add about 1/2 a cup but you would have to add another 1/4 cup of oat or gluten-free flour.
- You can whip up a couple of these as easily as one, so feel free to double the ingredients. One for you and one for a friend (or two for you!).
- Use a greased loaf pan.
- If you like, add some chopped nuts. Nuts are a wonderful addition and compliment the flavors of the bread beautifully.
- If using frozen cranberries, you do not need to thaw them.
- Invest in an oven thermometer. If you don't have one already, they are great for baking! Most ovens vary in temperature, an inexpensive oven thermometer is a great way to bake your loaf perfectly