This healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe is super moist and fluffy. They are made with pumpkin puree and all the right fall flavors. This pumpkin bread is going to be the best you’ve ever had!
This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe is a new household favorite recipe, especially in the fall! It is the perfect fall treat that can be enjoyed as breakfast, snack, or dessert. It is made with healthy and clean ingredients like pumpkin puree, and coconut oil instead of butter, coconut sugar, oat flour, yogurt, and dark chocolate chips. Among the many ways you can enjoy pumpkin, this healthy pumpkin bread recipe will be one of your favorites.
Why this pumpkin bread is so good
- Delicious: A moist pumpkin bread with chocolatey swirls, so good! It is packed with warm fall flavors that you will enjoy with each bite.
- Easy: A quick batter that you can whip up quickly and pop in the oven. Hassle-free with simple ingredients.
- Great For Thanksgiving: With its pumpkin flavor and warming spices, it’s perfect for Fall and the holiday season.
Ingredients you will need
- Coconut Oil: or any other oil of choice
- Coconut Sugar: A great substitute for white and brown sugar.
- Pumpkin Puree: Canned is fine. Make sure it is not spiced. Look for 100% pure pumpkin.
- Eggs: Large. Ideally, go for organic/free-range.
- Spices: Ground cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Orange Zest: For a lovely and subtle citrus kick.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Oat Flour: It is rich in nutrients such as manganese, molybdenum, phosphorous, copper, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, chromium, and fiber. You may use any other flour you have on hand.
- Yogurt: Greek yogut works just fine. You may also use coconut (dairy-free) yogurt.
- Vanilla Extract: You can use almond extract, but it is stronger, so use sparingly.
How to make this healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Prep: Preheat the oven and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- Make the Batter: Mix together all the ingredients. Start with eggs, spices, salt, orange zest, yogurt, and puree. Then whisk in the oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cook: Bake for 60 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean
Frequently asked questions
Once the bread is cooled off, you can cut them into slices and store in an air-tight container. This will last about 3-5 days if left at room temperature on your countertop. If you store the container containing the bread in the fridge it will last 7-10 days. You can also freeze it and remove the night before to thaw out in the fridge.
The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap or place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
The best way to check if your pumpkin bread or any other bread is done is to insert a toothpick right in the middle of the pumpkin bread. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the bread is done and ready to remove from the oven. Only insert the toothpick right in the middle because thats the area that cooks through at the very end or else you will end up with a soggy middle piece.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Top the pumpkin bread with some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans.
- Store the remainder of your pumpkin bread in an airtight container. You may leave out on your kitchen counter for a good 3 days and then in needs to be store in the fridge.
- You have leftovers? Pop them in the microwace for 10-15 seconds.
- For a vegan option, substitute some of the ingredients to vegan-friendly options.
- If eating from frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Other healthy desserts
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Double Chocolate Keto Brownies
- Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
Love pumpkin? Try these other pumpkin recipes
- Protein Pumpkin Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Scones
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 3/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chip
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray one 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray then set aside. Make sure you adjust the oven rack to the lower third position to prevent the bread from browning too soon.
- In a large bowl whisk together coconut oil and sugar, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Then incorporate the eggs, spices, salt, orange zest, greek yogurt and pumpkin puree.
- Whisk in the oat flour and baking powder and soda. Gently add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing it.
- The bread will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.