This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe is super moist and fluffy. They are made with pumpkin puree and all the right fall flavors. This pumpkin bread is going to be the best you’ve ever had!
Let’s talk about the word bread. Every time I hear the word bread I drool. That’s just me? Which makes me love everything that has the word bread on it. This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe is a new favorite! Even though I also really love the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread I always make for the kids and if you. If you are on a pumpkin tip than try these Healthy Pumpkin Chia Muffins too!
Why this is so good
- Delicious: A moist pumpkin bread with chocolatey swirls, so good!
- Easy: A quick batter that you can whip up quickly and pop in the oven.
- Great For Thanksgiving: With its pumpkin flavor and warming spices, it’s perfect for Fall.
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar: A great substitute for white and brown sugar.
- Pumpkin Puree: Canned is fine. Make sure it is not spiced.
- Eggs: Large. Ideally, go for organic/free-range.
- Spices: Ground cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Orange Zest: For a lovely and subtle citrus kick.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Oat Flour: It is rich in nutrients such as manganese, molybdenum, phosphorous, copper, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, chromium, and fiber.
- Yogurt: Greek
- Vanilla Extract: You can use almond extract, but it is stronger, so use sparingly.
How to make this Pumpkin Bread
- Prep: Preheat the oven and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- Make the Batter: Mix together all the ingredients. Start with eggs, spices, salt, orange zest, yogurt, and puree. Then whisk in the oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cook: Bake for 60 mins.
A Versatile Pumpkin Bread
This Pumpkin recipe is quite the keeper. You can have this all day long. Just kidding. But it would be a great breakfast option. I typically don’t glaze this pumpkin bread because my kids love it this way with just some added chocolate chips. You can certainly add some nuts to it. Walnuts would be great. My kids don’t like nuts much so I try not to use them quite often in my recipes.
How to store pumpkin bread
Once the bread is cooled off, you can cut them into slices and store in an air-tight container. This will last about 3-5 days if left at room temperature on your countertop. If you store the container containing the bread in the fridge it will last 7-10 days. You can also freeze it and remove the night before to thaw out in the fridge.
The perfect treat for Thanksgiving
I love this time of year because of all the pumpkins I see around and all the endless amount of pumpkin recipes we can make. Like some Pumpkin Donuts?
Pumpkins also remind me of thanksgiving which is my favorite holiday because first of all, we have so much to be thankful for, and also its the only time I don’t watch my diet! But aside from all that, this recipe will be a huge winner if you decide to make it over Thanksgiving.
Can you freeze this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread?
The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap or place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Swap in nuts, if you prefer it a touch healthier
- Store in an airtight container.
- If they last beyond a day, you can toast individual slices to get the same fresh-baked effect.
- If eating from frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Other healthy desserts
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Double Chocolate Keto Brownies
- Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 3/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chip
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray one 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray then set aside. Make sure you adjust the oven rack to the lower third position to prevent the bread from browning too soon.
- In a large bowl whisk together coconut oil and sugar, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Then incorporate the eggs, spices, salt, orange zest, greek yogurt and pumpkin puree.
- Whisk in the oat flour and baking powder and soda. Gently add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing it.
- The bread will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.